+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

If PGWP Application Is Refused?

CanaCaribe

Dec 13, 2019
Good day. Curious question, If my PGWP application is refused, what should I do? I applied while my study permit was still valid, and understand that processing time is up to 9 weeks. From my calculations the timeline from the possible week of getting a response to the final several weeks to possibly reapply is a very very short window. That is my 180 days would be up. Would appreciate any advice on how to proceed if one should face this scenario. Thank you.

Navneet90

Star Member
May 25, 2018
I have got refusal on my pgwp ,after 90 days of your studies you do not have any status in canada. So as per cic you should move out of canada and re apply again and wait for approval. You can’t do anything. I got refusal by 94th day. Am also looking for options and help.

CanaCaribe

Dec 13, 2019
Sorry to hear that. I feel for you. I wanted to know in case mine doesn't go so well. The timeline so so short To figure things out. I imagine it could get really frustrating.

vinita13

Nov 23, 2019
Sorry to hear that. I feel for you. I wanted to know in case mine doesn't go so well. The timeline so so short To figure things out. I imagine it could get really frustrating.
Hi I am in the same situation. Just wanted to check did you applied back ? If yes then what application you did ? Please help !

Navneet90

Star Member
May 25, 2018
Hi I am in the same situation. Just wanted to check did you applied back ? If yes then what application you did ? Please help !
As of now i didn’t apply, will apply for restoration of status. But its so annoying. Wasn’t my mistake at all still have to suffer.

vinita13

Nov 23, 2019
As of now i didn’t apply, will apply for restoration of status. But its so annoying. Wasn’t my mistake at all still have to suffer.
What restoration you are applying can you please help. restoration as student or restoration as Worker or restoration as Visitor ? I dont know everyone is suggesting something different. Can you tell what restoration you are applying.

Navneet90

Star Member
May 25, 2018
What restoration you are applying can you please help. restoration as student or restoration as Worker or restoration as Visitor ? I dont know everyone is suggesting something different. Can you tell what restoration you are applying.
I will be applying for restoration of student permit along with a application for pgwp and a letter of explanation. That’s what i got to know.