+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

If my sponsor is unemployed,

serena0210

Mar 17, 2017
Hi I have question about my husband if he has not job.

my husband is Canadian and become sponsor to me .
we just got married 2 weeks ago and we are going to move in somewhere for our new life.
he has worked for 4 years in same restaurant and he could not have holiday .
so me and he wants get break time for month and will apply EI.

we have job offer letter from this job and notice of assessment.
I have money to stay canada as well (I have work permit with LMIA and I have stayed in canada all most 2 years.)

Is it any problem if I apply family class sponsorship immigrate?
or he should get other job after move to other city because we apply it?
or any problem if he apply EI ?

I saw website if he does not have job it is difficult to proof how he take care me. that's why immigration need his job offer and notice of assessment.
but I have money .... I can take care by my self.

I am so confused if he wants get break time for month. maybe break time 1 month and looking for part time or full time. we are not sure.

I do not want to push he look for other job because he has had work hard .

what can I do... should I write letter like this ? or ... he should look for other job after we moved in due to family class immigrate.

please help me..

japt

Oct 5, 2015
I'm not working and I just got approved to sponsor my husband. We wrote a letter stating that we would be staying with family expense-free, and that he is saving money to bring/send and plans on working asap after he gets to Canada -- the letter wasn't even notarized. We also sent a bank copy showing we had some money saved.

I can't tell you about employment insurance, though, as I am not on it.

J.Kadi

Star Member
Mar 27, 2017
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Your husband can be on EI and still qualify as a sponsor (as long as he has never received government assistance like Ontario Works or filed for bankruptcy and there are no other major red flags). He just needs to prove how he will support you financially for 3 years....

serena0210

Mar 17, 2017
J.Kadi said:
Your husband can be on EI and still qualify as a sponsor (as long as he has never received government assistance like Ontario Works or filed for bankruptcy and there are no other major red flags). He just needs to prove how he will support you financially for 3 years....
thank you so much :) I am so happy he can get EI and take break for himself.

serena0210

Mar 17, 2017
japt said:
I'm not working and I just got approved to sponsor my husband. We wrote a letter stating that we would be staying with family expense-free, and that he is saving money to bring/send and plans on working asap after he gets to Canada -- the letter wasn't even notarized. We also sent a bank copy showing we had some money saved.

oh god... you are all most same as my case.
thank you so much your comment!!!!!!!!

J.Kadi

Star Member
Mar 27, 2017
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
serena0210 said:
thank you so much :) I am so happy he can get EI and take break for himself.
One thing to note, if your husband quits his job without just cause then he will not qualify for EI.

SaskinSeoul

Star Member
Apr 1, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-11-2016
AOR Received.
15-12-2016
Med's Done....
Upfront
Interview........
No
Passport Req..
April 2017
VISA ISSUED...
April 2017
LANDED..........
June 2017
100% ok, I applied out land unemployed and no problems

sarahbreland

Feb 20, 2017
serena0210 said:
oh god... you are all most same as my case.
thank you so much your comment!!!!!!!!
hi japt.. can you help me here? I am drafting a letter just like yours and I want to have ideas what to put on it. did you sign it? thank you

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
sarahbreland said:
hi japt.. can you help me here? I am drafting a letter just like yours and I want to have ideas what to put on it. did you sign it? thank you
Just explain how you plan to support yourselves without using Social Assistance. How will you eat? House yourselves? etc.

sarahbreland

Feb 20, 2017
my husband is actually on Community Living Disability Services funding. His family is very much willing to help us like living arrangements with his parents where he lived all his life, his brother and aunts and also my cousin is willing to extend help for basic needs

sarahbreland

Feb 20, 2017
and I am also thinking of putting in the letter that he is working out, taking part in an employment/training program fior skills development and job readiness to get a full time job. in my part, I can state that I took a short course in housekeeping in preparation so I will be able to get a job as soon as I get there. I also have other work experiences.

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
You meant to say work as soon as permitted..

Being on a disability benefit is not a reason your partner cannot sponsor. So, that all sounds fine otherwise.

Blueberry_24

Feb 8, 2017
Visa Office......
NDVO
App. Filed.......
8/11/2016
Doc's Request.
26 September 2016 (Valid till 30 September 2017)
AOR Received.
25/11/2016
File Transfer...
7/12/2016 (NDVO mail 12-12-16)
Med's Request
Verification call from NDVO on 11May 2017
Med's Done....
Medical updated on ECAS 12 May 2017
Interview........
Not interested
Passport Req..
Hopefully soon
SaskinSeoul said:
100% ok, I applied out land unemployed and no problems

What proof you have shown that you will go back and start working as soon as your partner's PR is approved.
As we are in the same situation... we both are in india currently.

tunay

Dec 19, 2015
Etobicoke
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
10-08-2018
AOR Received.
05-09-2018
japt said:

Hi Japt,
Please excuse my question, I am wondering how much money you showed as your savings in total?