+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

if it is ok to quit job while PR application is in processing (caregiver)

emilycc

Dec 22, 2009
hello guys, please help, I think i might lost my job recently, because my employer is getting divorced from her husband, she can not afford to pay me any more. I have already sent my PR application to cic last week, if I lost my job now, will that effect my application? any suggestions, please help me, thank you in advance

emilycc

Dec 22, 2009
yeah, but it needs time to get new employment and apply for the new lmo, i will try,,,,what if i lost job before I get start with the new employer, i think that would also be a problem for cic?

why lostting job could be a problem...i've already completed 24 months...

job_seeker, you are a kind person, I always see you're trying to answer questions, nice work, thank you

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
emilycc said:
yeah, but it needs time to get new employment and apply for the new lmo, i will try,,,,what if i lost job before I get start with the new employer, i think that would also be a problem for cic?

why lostting job could be a problem...i've already completed 24 months...

job_seeker, you are a kind person, I always see you're trying to answer questions, nice work, thank you
Thanks. Anyway, it probably would not affect you much as long as you are in status while waiting for your OWP.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/ip/ip04-eng.pdf item 9.4 specifically:

they are temporary residents;
they possess a valid work permit to work as a live-in caregiver;

Looking for an employer, job bank has long list of employers looking for nannies. LMO takes about 4-6 weeks to process. Hopefully things work out for you. All the best.

vinadam

Feb 25, 2010
Alberta, Canada
Visa Office......
Edmonton, AB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I was 4 months pregnant when I finished my 24 months, my hubby doesn't want me to work after sending my application so I didn't. When my visa expired and I still didn't have my permanent resident status, Alberta Health care called me saying that they will have to cancel my policy. I was 8 months pregnant at that time and it will cost us $8K-10K to give birth without health care. Thankfully, somebody from Immigration sent Alberta health care a letter saying that my status will change in 1-2 months. I gave birth Dec 15 and I got my new status 2nd week of January.

my point is, if you don't want to find work while your application is in process, just make sure your visa won't expire or else, your health care will be affected. And also, that means there will be a gap that Revenue Agency will see for taxation purposes..

emilycc

Dec 22, 2009
vinadam said:
I was 4 months pregnant when I finished my 24 months, my hubby doesn't want me to work after sending my application so I didn't. When my visa expired and I still didn't have my permanent resident status, Alberta Health care called me saying that they will have to cancel my policy. I was 8 months pregnant at that time and it will cost us $8K-10K to give birth without health care. Thankfully,
really helped information, my work premit and health card both will be expired in next 7 months, since the first stage will be approved in 6-7 months, i might be fine.my employer has already told me that she won't keep me after June. if that will not effect my application, I probably will not to find a new employer, because I am not planning to work as live-in caregiver for long team after I got OP+PR, there is only few months left to have them. applying for a new job+lmo+new work premit also takes this time...can I receive EI after I lost job? effect to the application? I think those are my benfits, but i am not sure if I can have it or not while application is in processing.

I will give a call to cic regarding to my situation, i might only get officially answers, so I prefer to ask in here first.

thanks for sharing vinadam, my best wishes to you and your lucky babe.

vinadam

Feb 25, 2010
Alberta, Canada
Visa Office......
Edmonton, AB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
emilycc said:
really helped information, my work premit and health card both will be expired in next 7 months, since the first stage will be approved in 6-7 months, i might be fine.my employer has already told me that she won't keep me after June. if that will not effect my application, I probably will not to find a new employer, because I am not planning to work as live-in caregiver for long team after I got OP+PR, there is only few months left to have them. applying for a new job+lmo+new work premit also takes this time...can I receive EI after I lost job? effect to the application? I think those are my benfits, but i am not sure if I can have it or not while application is in processing.

I will give a call to cic regarding to my situation, i might only get officially answers, so I prefer to ask in here first.

thanks for sharing vinadam, my best wishes to you and your lucky babe.
Yes, you can apply for EI and it won't affect your application. but bear in mind that if ever your visa will expire and you didn't get your new status, they will stop paying you EI.

Thanks and goodluck to you!

emilycc

Dec 22, 2009
vinadam said:
Yes, you can apply for EI and it won't affect your application. but bear in mind that if ever your visa will expire and you didn't get your new status, they will stop paying you EI.

Thanks and goodluck to you!
yes, I will send another extension application tomorrow for my current work premit , to make sure the status is safe enough until I have got OWP. great help, thanks indeed.

rosellyalung

May 15, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
LC1 application vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28/08/2010
anyone from here knows how long it will take for the processing of open work permit and PR for LICP? thanks

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
rosellyalung said:
anyone from here knows how long it will take for the processing of open work permit and PR for LICP? thanks
First stage approval takes about 6-7 months.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/canada/process-in.asp#perm_res

rosellyalung

May 15, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
LC1 application vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28/08/2010
thnks job seeker! i am just worried i have plans of having vacation this year after i pass my PR application in august 2010, would it affect my application? i am planning my vacation in dec 2010? how long it will take to get re-entry visa? would i need a financial support as stated in the website in getting the visa? thanks much appreciated thank you!

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
rosellyalung said:
thnks job seeker! i am just worried i have plans of having vacation this year after i pass my PR application in august 2010, would it affect my application? i am planning my vacation in dec 2010? how long it will take to get re-entry visa? would i need a financial support as stated in the website in getting the visa? thanks much appreciated thank you!
I am assuming you would still be working when you take your vacation in December. Maintain your work permit and your TRV. When you go for your vacation ask for a letter from your employer stating you're only going for a vacation an will be coming back to work for them. When does your WP/TRV expire? You can renew your TRV at a visa office in the US.

Suee

Star Member
Apr 25, 2010
Alberta
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Re: while PR application is in processing (caregiver) can be pregnant

Hi buddy,

I already got my OWP and AIP. Still waiting for the finalize the process of mine and family in backhome. Will it be disqualify if i get pregnant while the PR in process. Pls. help me. I appreciate your kind reply.