+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

If I hire a skilled worker ?

ehsan_imam

Sep 16, 2009
Hi,
I am a canadian national. I run a pvt company. I was working with a freelancer from another country. He developed my whole application. Now I want to Hire that person. I want to hire him through immigration So if I dnt need him later on he can join anyother company. I have calculated that person marks through immigration calculator. He gets 84 marks. Which seems that he can qualify immigration process easily. But I have few concerns. Can you please answer these questions?

1) What is the timeframe I have to employ him when he will here (canada) – i.e., 6 months?

2) If I employed him do I have to show what his salary will be?

3) What are his options to leave the company – Is he allowed to just walk away?

4) When employing someone in Canada, a company has to pay out tax, UI and CP, which is a significant % of the salary – how much that would be?

Thank You Very Much for reading......

nasim15

Star Member
Aug 15, 2009
Dhaka, Bangladesh
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
28 Sep 2009
LANDED..........
10 APR 2010
What kind of business you are in? whether you can not hire a person from inside Canada? Do you really need his service? Can anybody inside canada do the job?

These question must be answered before you go for hiring a foreign country.

ehsan_imam

Sep 16, 2009
Thanks for your reply Nasim
I am in a business of providing solutions to hotels and convention centers. Actually I cannot hire any person from Canada because He has developed the whole application which is my product and I am selling that product to my clients. Now I need a full time software developer to provide support to my clients. So the best person who can help me out is definately that person who have developed my product. If I need some enhancements modifications or anything he can do that easily as well as now our mutual understanding is good.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If you want to give him an AEO to help him apply for his immigration as a skilled worker, you have no obligation to employ him after he gets his PR and he has no obligation to work for you. You would have to show that you are planning to pay him market rates. Service Canada can tell you what the market rates are.

If you want to get him to Canada faster, you can apply for his LMO and get him in as a temporary worker. Then you would also have to show that you have advertised the job for a certain amount of time and that you could not find anybody in Canada with his expertise. If you did that, he could still apply for his immigration as a skilled worker after he's in Canada.