+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

if i have a single entry tourist visa for 2011? can i start immigration process

joshboz

Aug 21, 2010
hello experts or to whom it may concer:

i would like to ask about my case because I was given a single entry tourist visa for january to attend an exam.... NOW will there be a problem if I could start my immigration application now?or if i start processing for a immigration will it be okay if i was granted for a tiourist visa for next year?

PLEASE HELP! or if you know some similar situation with this. please share your thoughts

zsashimi

Jun 23, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2014
AOR Received.
14-Aug-2014
Med's Request
23-Oct-2014
Med's Done....
07-Nov-2014
Passport Req..
6-Jan-2015
VISA ISSUED...
27-Jan-2015
joshboz said:
hello experts or to whom it may concer:

i would like to ask about my case because I was given a single entry tourist visa for january to attend an exam.... NOW will there be a problem if I could start my immigration application now?or if i start processing for a immigration will it be okay if i was granted for a tiourist visa for next year?

PLEASE HELP! or if you know some similar situation with this. please share your thoughts
I have applied for immigration to Canada last Dec 2004.. Since then, I have been in and out of Canada on a Tourist visa.

zsashimi

Jun 23, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2014
AOR Received.
14-Aug-2014
Med's Request
23-Oct-2014
Med's Done....
07-Nov-2014
Passport Req..
6-Jan-2015
VISA ISSUED...
27-Jan-2015
joshboz said:
did you eventually succeeded in your immigration application?
Actually I am still waiting for the result.. I was one of those who applied before Feb 2008 which means our application will take about 60 months or more

zsashimi

Jun 23, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2014
AOR Received.
14-Aug-2014
Med's Request
23-Oct-2014
Med's Done....
07-Nov-2014
Passport Req..
6-Jan-2015
VISA ISSUED...
27-Jan-2015
joshboz said:
wow.gudluck men let's pray on that.
Thanks.. I really need that.. :)

Have you started with your immigration application?

joshboz

Aug 21, 2010
not really because i missed a .5 score in my latest IELTS. anyway hopefully I could change that this month... 8)

zsashimi

Jun 23, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2014
AOR Received.
14-Aug-2014
Med's Request
23-Oct-2014
Med's Done....
07-Nov-2014
Passport Req..
6-Jan-2015
VISA ISSUED...
27-Jan-2015
joshboz said:
not really because i missed a .5 score in my latest IELTS. anyway hopefully I could change that this month... 8)
GoodLuck ;)

neon08

Feb 9, 2009
zsashimi said:
I have applied for immigration to Canada last Dec 2004.. Since then, I have been in and out of Canada on a Tourist visa.
hello zsashimi.... just want to ask if among your visits to Canada, were there instances that your family went with you?

Because I have read around here in the forum that bringing whole family (partner/spouse and children) to visit Canada would give the impression that you have no intention of returning back to home country... is this true?

If yes, do you have any advise how can one possibly pass getting a TRV when a person does really want to visit Canada just for a family vacation? I mean, I wanted to go to visit my relatives in Canada together with my family... ???

zsashimi

Jun 23, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2014
AOR Received.
14-Aug-2014
Med's Request
23-Oct-2014
Med's Done....
07-Nov-2014
Passport Req..
6-Jan-2015
VISA ISSUED...
27-Jan-2015
neon08 said:
hello zsashimi.... just want to ask if among your visits to Canada, were there instances that your family went with you?

Because I have read around here in the forum that bringing whole family (partner/spouse and children) to visit Canada would give the impression that you have no intention of returning back to home country... is this true?

If yes, do you have any advise how can one possibly pass getting a TRV when a person does really want to visit Canada just for a family vacation? I mean, I wanted to go to visit my relatives in Canada together with my family... ???
I am single but still it is hardeto prove that I'll be returning back to my home country. I have a friend who got a refusal even though she's leaving her kids behind. My parents applied for a visa but they were denied as well. My mom's colleague was able to get a visa.

I am guessing that it is more of the gut feel of the Visa Officer. It's a case to case basis. For my parents, it is more because of the travel history. The only travel they did was in Bangkok. Plus both have a hard time proving they will be going back because my sister lives in Canada, I have an existing FSW application, my mom's sister is in Canada and my dad's sisters are also in Canada.

I hope I can be more of help.. Just make sure you submit all the requirements.. plus you should have enough funds for your visit..

neon08

Feb 9, 2009
zsashimi said:
I am single but still it is hardeto prove that I'll be returning back to my home country. I have a friend who got a refusal even though she's leaving her kids behind. My parents applied for a visa but they were denied as well. My mom's colleague was able to get a visa.

I am guessing that it is more of the gut feel of the Visa Officer. It's a case to case basis. For my parents, it is more because of the travel history. The only travel they did was in Bangkok. Plus both have a hard time proving they will be going back because my sister lives in Canada, I have an existing FSW application, my mom's sister is in Canada and my dad's sisters are also in Canada.
... you have been a big help to everyone around here. I guess all we need to do is to try applying and leave it to "luck" for approval :(

Thanks for sharing! :)