+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

If I got PNP when applied alone, can I include my spouse after PNP in CIC app?

shagdash

Sep 24, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Asivad Anac said:
This is explicitly forbidden. If you have received and accepted a nomination from Province X, you are out of the pool and cannot/should not accept any other nomination.
Even if I withdraw my profile post accepting the nomination?

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
shagdash said:
Even if I withdraw my profile post accepting the nomination?
If you have a 'live' nomination, you cannot accept another. That's the rule. By withdrawing the profile, if you refuse a nomination automatically (I'm not sure how the system is configured) then you can accept another nomination.

shagdash

Sep 24, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Asivad Anac said:
If you have a 'live' nomination, you cannot accept another. That's the rule. By withdrawing the profile, if you refuse a nomination automatically (I'm not sure how the system is configured) then you can accept another nomination.
What is a "live" nomination? If a nomination from Province X is "pending" and not yet accepted, can Province Y still nominate me? If I accept Province X's nomination as I still don't know the status of my application with Province Y, but later come to know that Province Y is willing to nominate me, can I refuse Province X's nomination (withdraw existing EE profile, notify said province) and ask Province Y to send nomination to new EE profile (one that is not tied to the original PT?). I am asking if this is even possible?

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
shagdash said:
What is a "live" nomination? If a nomination from Province X is "pending" and not yet accepted, can Province Y still nominate me? If I accept Province X's nomination as I still don't know the status of my application with Province Y, but later come to know that Province Y is willing to nominate me, can I refuse Province X's nomination (withdraw existing EE profile, notify said province) and ask Province Y to send nomination to new EE profile (one that is not tied to the original PT?). I am asking if this is even possible?
A 'live' nomination start with the province nominating you under EE and giving you the opportunity to get those 600 points. It 'dies' when you either actively reuse the nomination or it lapses on its own after a specified time period during which you did not accept/refuse the nomination. While it is 'live' your profile is hidden from other provinces who are trawling the EE pool and I imagine this would extend to nominations as well. What you are proposing is difficult to confirm/deny. If you refuse a pending nomination, there shouldn't be a need to simultaneously withdraw the EE profile unless you have already accepted the said nomination and received the points and you now want to kill the nomination at its roots by removing the EE profile altogether. But as the same profile was used to secure nomination from Province Y, you would probably need a convincing cover story for them to transfer the nomination to another profile of the same applicant. I'm not sure how that works. You might be the the first one to do this.

One possible workaround could have been that you created 2 different EE profiles and applied to 2 provinces simultaneously. In such a case, you could pick and choose as neither of them is contingent on the other. But CIC explicitly prohibits having multiple active EE profiles so this could be a serious offence if and when discovered.

shagdash

Sep 24, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks Asivad. +1 to you. Currently have a "live", pending nomination from Province X. Just trying to decide whether to accept/reject, as Province Y will likely nominate as well but as of now seem to be sleeping on my application.