+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

If I got PNP when applied alone, can I include my spouse after PNP in CIC app?

av.citizen

Star Member
Apr 20, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I've got Ontario invitation but I'm applying alone although I'm married (husband is not ready to move now). If I got PNP, can I include my husband later in my CIC application?

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
It depends on your EE profile that got you the Ontario invitation. If your husband was not included as 'accompanying' in that application, you won't be able to add them later to the same application after getting your nomination points.

av.citizen

Star Member
Apr 20, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Asivad Anac,

could you help me with another question? Currently I have CRS 450 and may receive ITA very soon. I want to apply to Ontario PNP so if something went wrong with ITA and I was refused I can later still have my PNP to re-apply with higher chances. Or applying to CIC after ITA will affect processing my PNP application?

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
av.citizen said:
Asivad Anac,

could you help me with another question? Currently I have CRS 450 and may receive ITA very soon. I want to apply to Ontario PNP so if something went wrong with ITA and I was refused I can later still have my PNP to re-apply with higher chances. Or applying to CIC after ITA will affect processing my PNP application?
Do you already have an invitation from Ontario? If not, you will have to wait till they send you one.

If you do have an invitation, you can submit your application to them and wait for their nomination. If you get an ITA while you're waiting for their nomination, you can choose to accept or decline that ITA. If you accept the ITA, you won't be able to use the nomination even if you receive it as your pre-EE profile will be locked when you get an ITA and the only way to unlock that profile is by declining the ITA.

av.citizen

Star Member
Apr 20, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yes, I got Ontario PT today. Then I guess I'll wait to see if I get ITA during 45 days that I'm allowed to think over accepting PT. Thank you for a very helpful answer.

av.citizen

Star Member
Apr 20, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Asivad Anac said:
Do you already have an invitation from Ontario? If not, you will have to wait till they send you one.

If you do have an invitation, you can submit your application to them and wait for their nomination. If you get an ITA while you're waiting for their nomination, you can choose to accept or decline that ITA. If you accept the ITA, you won't be able to use the nomination even if you receive it as your pre-EE profile will be locked when you get an ITA and the only way to unlock that profile is by declining the ITA.
Dear Asivad,

now re-thinking about what you said I have another question. What if I was refused on my ITA and after that I received PN. Then I would create new CIC app to start over plus having PN this time. Is this possible? Or PNP is tied to the specific CIC application and not the person that got nominated?

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
av.citizen said:
Dear Asivad,

now re-thinking about what you said I have another question. What if I was refused on my ITA and after that I received PN. Then I would create new CIC app to start over plus having PN this time. Is this possible? Or PNP is tied to the specific CIC application and not the person that got nominated?
Provincial invitation and nomination under EE are tied to a specific EE profile. If you apply basis an ITA from the same profile where you received an invitation, that profile will be locked and you won't be able to use the invitation to secure a potential nomination.

av.citizen

Star Member
Apr 20, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Ok, thanks for an answer. Not good news but at least I'm clear on this point.

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
To qualify that statement further slightly, a PN (unlike an invitation) need not be aligned with a specific EE profile. Which means if you are refused by CI for some reason AFTER you apply basis an ITA you received because of your nomination, your nomination would still be valid for another shot at an ITA but using a different EE profile.

av.citizen

Star Member
Apr 20, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Asivad Anac said:
To qualify that statement further slightly, a PN (unlike an invitation) need not be aligned with a specific EE profile. Which means if you are refused by CI for some reason AFTER you apply basis an ITA you received because of your nomination, your nomination would still be valid for another shot at an ITA but using a different EE profile.
Dear Asivad,

Now I'm lost again. Let me get it straight, assume I've got this line of events:
I've got Ontario PT (letter of interest)
I applied for Ontario PNP
I received ITA
my Ontario PNP was approved
my CIC application basis ITA was refused
I created another CIC profile and included my Ontario PNP

Is the last action will be correct? That is I can include my Ontario PNP in a different CIC profile, not the one I got PT letter to?

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
av.citizen said:
Dear Asivad,

Now I'm lost again. Let me get it straight, assume I've got this line of events:
I've got Ontario PT (letter of interest)
I applied for Ontario PNP
I received ITA
my Ontario PNP was approved
my CIC application basis ITA was refused
I created another CIC profile and included my Ontario PNP

Is the last action will be correct? That is I can include my Ontario PNP in a different CIC profile, not the one I got PT letter to?
Yes. PN is issued with a longer validity - probably a year so there is a possibility that even if the first application is refused the nominee can appeal to the province to extend the nomination to a fresh EE profile thereby getting another shot at the process with the same PN. It is possible in theory, I haven't seen any confirmations on the forum yet.

shagdash

Sep 24, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Asivad Anac said:
Yes. PN is issued with a longer validity - probably a year so there is a possibility that even if the first application is refused the nominee can appeal to the province to extend the nomination to a fresh EE profile thereby getting another shot at the process with the same PN. It is possible in theory, I haven't seen any confirmations on the forum yet.
To dredge up this topic - is it possible, in theory, to receive a PN to any other EE profile other than the EE profile that got you the PT in the first place? I.e. I got OOPNP PT. I responded to PT. My application is being processed by OOPNP. In the meantime, I receive and accept a nomination from another province to the same EE profile as the one that has the OOPNP PT. I understand that in this case my EE profile gets locked. However, in case OOPNP now wants to nominate me, can they send me a nomination to another new EE profile (of course I will withdraw my old EE profile - the one that has the PT from OOPNP as well as the PN from another province and request OOPNP to send me a nomination to a new EE profile)?

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
shagdash said:
To dredge up this topic - is it possible, in theory, to receive a PN to any other EE profile other than the EE profile that got you the PT in the first place? I.e. I got OOPNP PT. I responded to PT. My application is being processed by OOPNP. In the meantime, I receive and accept a nomination from another province to the same EE profile as the one that has the OOPNP PT. I understand that in this case my EE profile gets locked. However, in case OOPNP now wants to nominate me, can they send me a nomination to another new EE profile (of course I will withdraw my old EE profile - the one that has the PT from OOPNP as well as the PN from another province and request OOPNP to send me a nomination to a new EE profile)?
This is explicitly forbidden. If you have received and accepted a nomination from Province X, you are out of the pool and cannot/should not accept any other nomination.