+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IELTS

usal

Feb 10, 2008
Hi to anybody,

Just want to know, regarding IELTS, this is in connection with my upate Application for Permanent Resident in Canada.

I received a letter from Canadian Embassy on January 25, 2008 requesting me to upadate all the required documents. (Actually I applied in April 2004) . I was able to comply and forwarded all the documents within 45 days. Including the results of my IELTS which is Band 5.5, wherein it does not require to repeat IELTS exam. My question is, is Band 5.5 score in IELTS qualifies me for a high ratin in Language assessment? If not what should be the required band to be qualify.

I am worried for this might affect my application which I believe approval should follow within 6 months if no problem encountered.

Please reply if you have any idea.

Thanks and best Regards,

EEu

newcomer

Dec 3, 2007
Middle East
Hi, i m sorry to say tht this band s not sufficent for gettin highest points,16,by cic.U need to ve at least a band of 7.0 in each module of the test inorder to get 16 pts. Ur band,5.5 ,is general or individual ?as they ll look at each module individually .Assuming 5.5 band in each module then u r going to ve 8 points for english language.

Badmus

Star Member
Sep 28, 2005
Canada
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
24-07-2005
LANDED..........
July '19
HI,

I score 7Band overall, what is the chance, I applied in September 05, still waiting

deep9

Apr 6, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
ND
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You will need to give the detail of band score in all section to know your points.It will probably be somewhere b/w 12 to 16.
Badmus said:
HI,

I score 7Band overall, what is the chance, I applied in September 05, still waiting

MarkCan

Oct 3, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
April/May 2011
usal:

In order to maximize your points on IELTS (16 points is the maximum you can claim for English and in addition to that, 8 points is the maximum you can claim for French - total 24), you need 6.5-9.0 for speaking, writing, and reading. You need 7.5-9.0 for listening. You have not mentioned what your individual scores are, hence it is not possible for me to know your overall score. An overall band of 5.5 tells me nothing. To calculate your score for IELTS, go to the following link:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/guides/EG7.pdf

Once you calculate your score, add it to your total score. If you are crossing the minimum of 67 points, you are good to go.

Mark

youskal

Oct 31, 2009
Hi,

How to claim french language? what is the official exam (counterpart of IELTS) for french?

Thanks

MarkCan

Oct 3, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
April/May 2011
youskal said:
Hi,

How to claim french language? what is the official exam (counterpart of IELTS) for french?

Thanks
The French equivalent would be Test d’évaluation de français (TEF).

Mark