+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IELTS - Writing - For Band 7 or Above.

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
I had the same issue thrice, so I went ahead for rechecking and my scores got corrected from 6.5 to 7. Please be advise, there is a charge for rechecking which is around 6k INR in British Council and around 9K INR in IDP. If the scores are corrected, the money is refunded.

Hope it helps
You're replying to a post from January. Not sure it will help!

shah22393

Nov 6, 2017
Considering, that some people do come here to read old posts, that gives them a general idea, I believe it'd help someone facing the same issues.

Reactions: cansha

Moeedkh

Star Member
Jan 6, 2016
Listening 8.5
Reading 9
Speaking 7.5
Writing 6.5(old) New : 7
OverAllBandScore 8

Guys, you can imagine my state, Got positive EOR of this test, got 7 in writing in this one tooo.

now can I say I got 7 in writing many times, And its not by an accident or luck.

what point you want to convey ?

H0peAndFa1th

Jun 19, 2017

Rina Arora

Star Member
Nov 9, 2018
@H0peAndFa1th Congratulations for your score. I believe you will keep evaluating our essays.

Need your suggestion on the below-listed query-

I have applied for revaluation in the writing section(computerized IELTS) My current score is 8.5,8,6.5,7.5 and revaluation result is awaited.
Even I am not able to crack writing in my 27th October BC attempt. My score is 9,7,6.5,7.

Please answer the below queries-

• Should I apply for revaluation with BC also?
  • What are odds of getting a positive result in computerized attempt revaluation?

shah22393

Nov 6, 2017
@H0peAndFa1th Congratulations for your score. I believe you will keep evaluating our essays.

Need your suggestion on the below-listed query-

I have applied for revaluation in the writing section(computerized IELTS) My current score is 8.5,8,6.5,7.5 and revaluation result is awaited.
Even I am not able to crack writing in my 27th October BC attempt. My score is 9,7,6.5,7.

Please answer the below queries-

• Should I apply for revaluation with BC also?
  • What are odds of getting a positive result in computerized attempt revaluation?

Well, to answer your question, I believe, you should wait for the results to come from re-evaluation, however, I believe there is a certain time limit in which you are supposed to apply for re-evaluation. So, if you think of applying for re evaluation from BC, I think you should wait for your current results to come in.

The odds are unknown to me as everyone around me took the paper based test. However, in paper based tests 5/10 times the scores do get changed.

Rina Arora

Star Member
Nov 9, 2018
Well, to answer your question, I believe, you should wait for the results to come from re-evaluation, however, I believe there is a certain time limit in which you are supposed to apply for re-evaluation. So, if you think of applying for re evaluation from BC, I think you should wait for your current results to come in.

The odds are unknown to me as everyone around me took the paper based test. However, in paper based tests 5/10 times the scores do get changed.
Thanks for your revert.

vmsanthosh.chn

Jun 29, 2017
I like the idea. phrasing could be a little better. Overall, I like that you are thinking. And you took a balanced approach in the essay. It is a different way of answering this question.

You are now thinking. Very good! Make messaging more clear. Make flow better. Bring in your opinion at the beginning of paragraph. Ok let me try and rewrite this. All your ideas. See if it looks better. Something like below.

One area where, I believe, exercising control over children behavior could be beneficial for them, is teaching them moral values. Children are most susceptible to external information at young age and hence can get influenced very easily. Parents and teachers should play an active role to make sure kids are learning good moral values at such age like empathy, calmness, respect for others and being truthful. Bad behavior, if unchecked, at this age may be harmful for the kids in the future, for example, an overly aggressive behavior at school may even lead to suspension.

The idea is you are not flip flopping between your idea / opinion, support line and then example. Keep them in one flow. One should know what was your main idea ... why are you supporting the idea ... an example what you mean

In above your idea is teach kids moral values at young age ... support is that they are most influenced at this age ... consequence of not doing it is example of facing suspension. Makes sense?

Like the idea. Don't like the execution. Like the fact that you are thinking more on task execution and generating ideas. But ideas not presented well is as good as no task accomplishment. So, be careful.

Conclusion is okayish.

All the best!
Thank you for your review @cansha. I will correct these mistakes next time.

I get the flow now after reading your sample version. I guess, if I ask myself a why question for every single line, probably I might be able to organize them a little bit. Thank you again.

Reactions: cansha

bp-singh

Nov 13, 2018
Hi @cansha and others, Please evaluate my essay and help with areas of improvement. I had checked the old posts and even tried to implement it but it will come in flow with practice and today I will read a few 9 band essays as well.

Some people think young people should follow what elders say. Rest think, young people may have different views than elders. Discuss both views and give your opinion.

Young generation might have different thoughts than elders, whereas others believe that youngsters should respect the instructions given by elders. I opine that advice provided by elders should be followed because they are more experienced and can also coach young one’s on moral values.

Elders can evaluate a problem in a better way as compared to youngsters because they are experienced and have seen the ups and down in life. Teenagers are like blossoming flowers are they are not able to brainstorm a situation as they are in their early age. In addition, various learnings are learned by an individual at each phase of life due to which elders have a calculative thought process as opposed to youngsters.

Another reason due to which elders should be followed by young people is that they can coach the younger one’s on the code of ethics and moral values. It is tough for young people to differentiate between right and wrong, therefore, they might end up in trouble sometimes. Thus, if youngsters will follow elders then they will be able to attain various values and habits which will be helpful for them in upcoming life.

One basic reason due to which people agree that youngsters have different thoughts as compared to Elders is due to generation and technological gap. They have adapted to the modern lifestyle and all their thoughts are creative and out of the box. In addition, they are a vivid user of technology which helps them in brainstorming things by using interest and assist them in decision making.

In conclusion, youngsters should follow the advice of the elders because they are helpful in making conscious decisions. Although, youngsters can take their own decisions in the later stages of life.

First of all, you should not have started with "YOUNG" as it is already used twice in the essay topic, instead you could have used any synonymous like: Juvenile, adolescent, So do the word "ELDER" could be changed to 'Older'. Similarly, word different needed to be replaced like various or so.

Avoid getting words as well as sentences repeated again and again, this will lower your scores a lot.

Careless mistakes like using "ARE" in appropriately (2nd paragraph, 2nd line, 6th word) will definitely limit your scores to 6.5

This is all that I can answer now, coz of low in time but would try to answer more deeper in later time.
Thanks

Rina Arora

Star Member
Nov 9, 2018
First of all, you should not have started with "YOUNG" as it is already used twice in the essay topic, instead you could have used any synonymous like: Juvenile, adolescent, So do the word "ELDER" could be changed to 'Older'. Similarly, word different needed to be replaced like various or so.

Avoid getting words as well as sentences repeated again and again, this will lower your scores a lot.

Careless mistakes like using "ARE" in appropriately (2nd paragraph, 2nd line, 6th word) will definitely limit your scores to 6.5

This is all that I can answer now, coz of low in time but would try to answer more deeper in later time.
Thanks
Hi, Thanks for your feedback,

Usually, I use a variety of synonyms but this time was not able to recall any.

I mistakenly wrote ARE over there, actually I was supposed to write AS instead.

Will work on sentence structure as well.

Looking forward to more evaluations from you.

baxa1981

May 29, 2012
Today, one teacher was talking about marking IELTS writing. He was saying that basically it's a rush job that he gets more than 40 papers in the evening and has to send back the next day. It sounded like that there is quite a bit of room for errors by markers if it's rushed like that.

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
Today, one teacher was talking about marking IELTS writing. He was saying that basically it's a rush job that he gets more than 40 papers in the evening and has to send back the next day. It sounded like that there is quite a bit of room for errors by markers if it's rushed like that.
For sure .. also I won't be surprised if they just skim the essay rather than giving full attention to the essay. and hence it is important to keep the structure simple and make sure the main points are in first two lines of the BP. Expecting IELTS teachers to dig out your opinion and ideas is futile.

Reactions: MaryNguyen

MaryNguyen

Oct 19, 2018
For sure .. also I won't be surprised if they just skim the essay rather than giving full attention to the essay. and hence it is important to keep the structure simple and make sure the main points are in first two lines of the BP. Expecting IELTS teachers to dig out your opinion and ideas is futile.
@baxa1981 and @cansha
Are you talking about examiners?
I' ve not known this fact. 40 essays in a couple hours is an overwhelming task. What will happen with the ones that are marked when examiners are exhausted, like the 30th to 40th ones? An Australian teacher who offers correction services says it would cost him 20 mins for 1 essay.