+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IELTS Withheld for Security Checks from British Council

Spoonblue

Aug 8, 2014
Hi Guys,

Did anyone here experienced that their scores were being withheld for security reasons? I took exam on July 19, 2014 and scores will be available on Aug 1, 2014. Come August 1, I received email that my result was withheld and they ask me to do a written statement regarding
information for my test performance. I did and send it to them within the day. But up to now I have not received any reply from British Council on when they will release it , not even timeframe/timeline was not given as well.

And also, this was my 2nd time to take up the exam. The first result did not met the required score that I need, that's why I did retake.
But now, it is withheld.

We all know the urgency for FSW this year. Please let me know, if anyone here experience the same thing? How long did they come back to you and what was the reason why it was being withheld?

Please share your view with me.

Spoonblue

singhabhishek251

Jun 3, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I have never come across anything like this. You never know when these idiots will change the rules for any individuals and it is really tough to counter them instead of waiting for the further communication. I will recommend to keep calling or sending them mails about the latest development.

riyavisa

Jun 1, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29th aug 2014
Doc's Request.
cc charge - 23rd november
Nomination.....
per - 19th december
File Transfer...
14th March
Med's Request
Meds done - 14th April
Med's Done....
3rd Line- 23rd April
Passport Req..
PPR & DM 26th May
Spoonblue said:
Hi Guys,

Did anyone here experienced that their scores were being withheld for security reasons? I took exam on July 19, 2014 and scores will be available on Aug 1, 2014. Come August 1, I received email that my result was withheld and they ask me to do a written statement regarding
information for my test performance. I did and send it to them within the day. But up to now I have not received any reply from British Council on when they will release it , not even timeframe/timeline was not given as well.

And also, this was my 2nd time to take up the exam. The first result did not met the required score that I need, that's why I did retake.
But now, it is withheld.

We all know the urgency for FSW this year. Please let me know, if anyone here experience the same :mad:thing? How long did they come back to you and what was the reason why it was being withheld?

Please share your view with me.

Spoonblue
I gave the exam from idp on 19th n i hv received email from thm abt result wl b out on 16th aug

bumbak

Star Member
Apr 27, 2013
Spoonblue said:
Thanks for all you replies. Up to now haven't release yet.
My friend had appeared in IELTS on 1st of Aug, today got this email. Wondering if you were able to get the result.

Spoonblue

Aug 8, 2014
Hi Bumbak,

Have not received the result yet up to now. What kind of message did he received from his email?

Spoonblue