+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IELTS submission

mnk72

Jun 2, 2010
Hi,i just wanted to know ,can i submit without IELTS result to CIO,Syndney like earlier

mnk72

Jun 2, 2010
what is procedure,as per ministry instruction, after 10th of april ,all should be submit with ielts result,plz help me

visaexpert

Apr 22, 2010
INDIA
Category........
Visa Office......
NEWDELHI
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mnk72 said:
what is procedure,as per ministry instruction, after 10th of april ,all should be submit with ielts result,plz help me
IELTS result is not required at the time of Initial application. You need to send IELTS result to local visa office at later stage.

precious metals

Star Member
Apr 24, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
True : IELTS result is not required at the time of Initial application. You need to send IELTS result to local visa office at later stage, BUT needs to be declared on first instance that Have you taken an approved test to assess your proficiency in English OR French
=============================================================================
Language proficiency is one of the decisive factor to decide the PR.

Hence, whether or not one makes 67 or above without IELTS , IELTS is must. That means if you have proficiency, one can better settle yourself in Canada (a deciding factor). If one is not able to communicate, how can one get a job in Canada (as per CHC understanding)

In case, One does not claim proficiency by way of IELTS scores, that may land one in incompatible position with regard to the Canadian job market and can lose the confidence of Visa Officer, ultimately leading to rejection.

So, sincere and true advise as per law and practice of CHC, IELTS shud be done before proceeding to CIO, NS. One shud claim only those points which one has in one's pocket. Claiming 16, getting 12, gives a misleading picture.

The above statement can be tested on the various guidelines, OP6 etc given by CIC.GC.CA, it also clearly says that if you are not ready with documents, do not apply now. get all docs ready and then proceed with CIO.

These docs i.e IETLS certification is basic doc and the deciding factor, why to take tag of rejection.

This has become more stringent wef April 10, 2010, even people from English Speaking countries are at the mercy of Visa Officer if they do not provide IELTS. They have eliminated the discrimination between people from English speaking countries and NON english speaking ones.

read below ones:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/bulletins/2010/ob187.asp
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/op/op06-eng.pdf
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/bulletins/2009/ob120.asp
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/bulletins/2008/ob089.asp

HIGHER SCORES ARE ALWAYS BETTER.
TRY TO SECURE HIGHER SCORES.

On question on IELTS to be taken before CIO or before CHC application.

Refer question 6 on schedule 3, it asks "Have you taken an approved test to assess your proficiency in English OR French",

will anyone want to say yes OR no, If IELTS not taken, and writing YES, it wud be false representation, because CHC will find out whether false or True representation has been made.

GO FAIR and TRUE

One can also apply without doing IETLS as they do not demand this at CIO stage.

If one can complete IELTS within that period of 120 days, it is fine, but try to achieve what you claim on your application.

But the circumstances changes uncontrollable sometimes (see other threads of applicants in this forum facing diffuculty to provide IELTS test in the stipulated period), as after AOR there is limted time of 120 days. It can take days from 120 period, leading to delay in filing and hence over all delay. Documents shud be ready when one receives first AOR and be filed within a week of 1st AOR.

Important is that 120 days will not be extended under any circumstances by CHC. They are bound to stick to it.

confirmedimmigrant

Jun 2, 2010
From what is implied in the application package... u had better write ielts before submitting to NS, COS.. u need to tick that portion that says ... have u taken any test? (SCHEDULE 3 ..NO.6). and it is wise also for u to submit a copy of ielts to NS.. bcos its part of what is used to determine your eligibility. otherwise u are left at d discretion of the CIO to decide points for you. CLAIM WHAT YOU HAVE,WHEN YOU HAVE THE PROOF THAN TO EXPLAIN WHAT YOU HAVE AND CANNOT CLAIM IT. ALL MY EDUCATION HAS BEEN IN ENGLISH, LIVING IN ENGLISH COUNTRY ( UK.) AND STILL NEEDED TO SHOW MY ENGLISH CAPABILITY. HENCE I HAD TO WRITE IELTS. ( ACADEMIC). GOOD LUCK. ;D