+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IELTS Score acceptance and expiry

abrar_mahboob

Nov 16, 2009
Hi to all,

I am bit confused regading my issue.If any body help than it would be really appreciated.

I applied for canadian immigration in april 2009 and stated to claim 14 points in my language ability to reach the milesone of 67.

I gave my IELTS exam in May 2009, and scored Band 6.5 that took 12 Marks out of 16 in equivalancy in immigration.So in short i could get only 65 Marks( My marks are 53 without language marks).

Due to some reasons( as i am doing my job in gulf), i withdraw my application from immigration and got all refunds.

My query is that if i file "NOW" a new aplication ( as now i have received more points from other factors) My old IELTS results can be submitted with my other documents when requested by London office, if they request documents from me in March/April 2010.

I know that IELTS results eligibility is valid for one year for immigration. But here i gave my IELTS exam befor submission of my applicatoin.Would that be accepted?

Any response is warmly welcomed.

Thanking you in anticipation.

Regards

Abrar Mahboob
+971 55 926 4011

abrar_mahboob

Nov 16, 2009
I want to add that i withdraw my application from sydney office and did not sent any documents to London office.I have still the Original IELTS Test Result.

Plz senior members help me .

Regads
Abrar

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

abrar_mahboob said:
Hi to all,

I am bit confused regading my issue.If any body help than it would be really appreciated.

I applied for canadian immigration in april 2009 and stated to claim 14 points in my language ability to reach the milesone of 67.

I gave my IELTS exam in May 2009, and scored Band 6.5 that took 12 Marks out of 16 in equivalancy in immigration.So in short i could get only 65 Marks( My marks are 53 without language marks).

Due to some reasons( as i am doing my job in gulf), i withdraw my application from immigration and got all refunds.

My query is that if i file "NOW" a new aplication ( as now i have received more points from other factors) My old IELTS results can be submitted with my other documents when requested by London office, if they request documents from me in March/April 2010.

I know that IELTS results eligibility is valid for one year for immigration. But here i gave my IELTS exam befor submission of my applicatoin.Would that be accepted?

Any response is warmly welcomed.

Thanking you in anticipation.

Regards

Abrar Mahboob
+971 55 926 4011
1. As long as you re-file before May/10 then your IELTS is still valid. You should note your score is not based on your overall Band, but the score in each of the 4 subjects.

PMM