+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ielts Result Sent By British Council (PMM Please reply)

khanwaja

Star Member
Mar 1, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 2008
Doc's Request.
Dec 2008
AOR Received.
Apr 2009
Med's Request
Nov 2009
Med's Done....
Dec 2009
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Mar 2010
VISA ISSUED...
Mar 2010
LANDED..........
August 2010
Last week, I went to british council in order to get my results, and they told me if you want us to send a original result copy to immigration office i said yes, they charged me for courier fee, i have given them canadian immigration file number.

I will be sending my full application package next week, along with Ielts result photocopy which is attested along with receipt that british council gave me for sending result to canadian immigration office, tommorrow i will get Airway Bill Number from british council which they used for sending my certificate, i will mention that number on the receipt.

Please advice if that will be ok, or I should sent original result that they gave me (Only one copy for student, for my record) along with all the other documents.

Thanks

PCHC

Star Member
Mar 18, 2008
Re: Ielts Result Sent By British Council

Which Visa Office is processing your immigration application?

khanwaja

Star Member
Mar 1, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 2008
Doc's Request.
Dec 2008
AOR Received.
Apr 2009
Med's Request
Nov 2009
Med's Done....
Dec 2009
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Mar 2010
VISA ISSUED...
Mar 2010
LANDED..........
August 2010

London Office is processing my application/////

PCHC

Star Member
Mar 18, 2008

My suggestion: Send original IELTS score with your submission unless you need to keep original for other purpose

Alternate, if you still want to send notorised copy of IELTS score with your submission then do mention in your submission cover letter that British council had directly sent IELTS scoring few weeks earlier and notorised copy of the same enclosed for quick reference.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005

Hi

PCHC said:
My suggestion: Send original IELTS score with your submission unless you need to keep original for other purpose

Alternate, if you still want to send notorised copy of IELTS score with your submission then do mention in your submission cover letter that British council had directly sent IELTS scoring few weeks earlier and notorised copy of the same enclosed for quick reference.
No alternative, the IELTS results must be the original.

PMM

khanwaja

Star Member
Mar 1, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 2008
Doc's Request.
Dec 2008
AOR Received.
Apr 2009
Med's Request
Nov 2009
Med's Done....
Dec 2009
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Mar 2010
VISA ISSUED...
Mar 2010
LANDED..........
August 2010

Dear PMM,

British Council will be sending the original results by courier.

Don't you think that will be good enough as i am sending notarized copy of IELTS certificate, plus note stating that orignal document has been sent by british council i will attach the courier receipt that they have issued.

According to british council, they only issue the ielts results once, and second copy will not be issued, that is why i told them to send another copy by courier as they are offering this service.

Please advice ...

NewYorker

Nov 4, 2008
It will be better that you take IELTS results from the British Council and send the original with your application. That will ensure everything is gone in one package.

If the British council haven't sent the results yet, you can still get it from them or get an additional original copy to send with your application.

Tarry

Star Member
Sep 22, 2008
khanwaja,

If I were you I would do what NewYorker suggested. It is better to send the whole package than sending it pieces from different sources. If you haven't sent your package yet, there is no reason why you put your self under the stress of not knowing if your IELTS will be delivered by the BC or not. A bird in hand is worth more than a thousand flying. Think it over.

Nuff respect :)

Jewel

Star Member
Nov 27, 2007
Now the thing is clear to me like that British Council will issue IELTS original only once and that already issued to the Khanwaja. Now while he is asking for another original then as per rule they said that the authority may send it directly to the visa office but not to issue once again to the applicant.

Khanwaja, I think you have submitted your copy for another purpose or lost it...?
Pls comment...

Actually, my situation is like you. I am also thinking to appear for an IELTS test for the 2nd time and I need 2 originals, one for FSW application updating and another one for PNP application.

So, now I am confused because of that if IELTS authority send one original directly to the visa office then it might not get proper treatment/filing or may lost.

Pls advise…

khanwaja

Star Member
Mar 1, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 2008
Doc's Request.
Dec 2008
AOR Received.
Apr 2009
Med's Request
Nov 2009
Med's Done....
Dec 2009
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Mar 2010
VISA ISSUED...
Mar 2010
LANDED..........
August 2010
they only issue one copy to applicant that's it they don't issue two copies as i tried to get two copies, they will send extra original copy to immigration office upon your request.

I have one original with me, and they have send another original to immigration office, for which they have issued me receipt too. But it seems i will be sending them my original as well as per advice by the senior people on this forum.