+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IELTS Reault

Androse

Star Member
Jun 24, 2011
Hello everyone,

I will be applying for citizenship soon. My problem is that I don't have a copy of the IELTS result. The original was sent when I applied for PR. I did not make a copy for myself.

What can I do now? Can I write a note to CIC to say that they have the original copy which was submitted to them when applying for PR and that I do not have a copy?
I did read that we can explain if we are not able to provide copy of any document that we are not able provide for any reason.

Can I request a copy from the center where I took the exam about 6 years ago? Will they be able to give a copy after so many years? To add, the exam was not taken in Canada.

Please advise me. I am so lost now.

Thanking you all in advance

HHH2000

Star Member
Jan 28, 2014
Things come to mind, Why you sent the original? Why no copy? Nevertheless, you can also go to the center where you gave the IELTS and ask for a Copy but hope you remember the date you appeared.

Kassis 1989

May 20, 2014
I have the same issue and I contact the center they said they can't issue any result after two years , i think you can contact CIC and ask for advice ,I will submite my appliction by next year ,
I hope i can find my copy by this time.

Sisifo

Nov 5, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IELTS is only valid for 2 years so its highly unlikely that a center would have your results after 6 years.
You should consider sitting CELPIP LS, it is quite easy as compared to IELTS.

aed

Oct 3, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Androse said:
Hello everyone,

I will be applying for citizenship soon. My problem is that I don't have a copy of the IELTS result. The original was sent when I applied for PR. I did not make a copy for myself.

What can I do now? Can I write a note to CIC to say that they have the original copy which was submitted to them when applying for PR and that I do not have a copy?
I did read that we can explain if we are not able to provide copy of any document that we are not able provide for any reason.

Can I request a copy from the center where I took the exam about 6 years ago? Will they be able to give a copy after so many years? To add, the exam was not taken in Canada.

Please advise me. I am so lost now.

Thanking you all in advance
Androse, I was exactly in the same situation. Unfortunately, IELTS couldn't provide me with an extra copy. I had to take CELPIP for my citizenship. Good luck!

Androse

Star Member
Jun 24, 2011
aed said:
Androse, I was exactly in the same situation. Unfortunately, IELTS couldn't provide me with an extra copy. I had to take CELPIP for my citizenship. Good luck!
Hello aed,
Thank you for your reply.

I am wondering if you did CELPIP as advised by CIC? I actually thought of including a note with the application to explain why I was not able to provide the document.
I also thought of contacting CIC to see what they have to say about this.

Anyway, how was the test? Was it easier than IELTS?

Thanks again.

P/s. to everyone else, thank you for your input.

Sisifo

Nov 5, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If you decide to do the test, Take the CELPIP LS which is just listening and speaking needed for Citizenship, I found it much easier than the IELTS ( Academic) i did for my PR and which i couldn't use as proof since it isn't accepted as proof by CIC any longer.
I borrowed a CELPIP LS guide from the local public library and used it to get an idea of what to expect in this exam.

aed

Oct 3, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Androse said:
Hello aed,
Thank you for your reply.

I am wondering if you did CELPIP as advised by CIC? I actually thought of including a note with the application to explain why I was not able to provide the document.
I also thought of contacting CIC to see what they have to say about this.

Anyway, how was the test? Was it easier than IELTS?

Thanks again.

P/s. to everyone else, thank you for your input.
I wouldn't risk delaying your whole process because CIC will request that you take the test later on. Yes, I did CELPIP LS (just Google celpip, and there on their site you can choose the LS option for the citizenship). It was EASY. It's even hard to compare it with IELTS :). On top you just have to get some bare minimum. If you passed IELTS, I don't think you have anything to worry.

pie_vancouver

Jun 12, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
submit your degree/transcript or take Celpip-LS

MOONLIGHT64

Sep 20, 2014
pie_vancouver said:
submit your degree/transcript or take Celpip-LS
Take it easy.. as a proof of English you need on of the following:
linc level 4, IELTS or equivalent, university/college degree of high school transcripts which show that courses were instructed in English language. I think if you applied for immigration as skilled worker then you should have one of the above mentioned requirements.
good luck