+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IELTS Question

mahharrouf

Jan 23, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I submitted my initial application and i indicated "Moderate Proficiency". I am going to take IELTS this 30 and have plan to submit my application next 13th after IELTS result. My Question is, in this case, if i gets less band or high band then what i indicated in initial application, probably i would need to change in "ENGLISH PROFICIENCY" portion of Forums.

Do i need to explain in a letter why i got less or high band and i chaned in forums or it will work Just as Updated documents? I sumbited before Simplified application, and now has been requested to submit full application along all documents.

Its same, i need some changes in 2 jobs too, which i finished after my application submition and started a new job too.

Thanks

BobbyB

Champion Member
Feb 10, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
1) No. just put in the IELTS result. You shouldn't need to explain anything, as long as you attain the 67 points.
2) This is the reason why you have to do a Documents updates. You need to update them with Documents to prove what you have claimed.

When and Which office did you apply to?

mahharrouf

Jan 23, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
BobbyB said:
1) No. just put in the IELTS result. You shouldn't need to explain anything, as long as you attain the 67 points.
2) This is the reason why you have to do a Documents updates. You need to update them with Documents to prove what you have claimed.

When and Which office did you apply to?

Thanks BobbyB for a quick reply. I applied using simplified in september 2008 from Lima, Peru office. Then got request for some supporting documents in january, now got request of Full Application in february 15. I have 90 days to do all, PPC from pakistan made alot of problems but at last got it, now wiating for IELTS done.

So you advise is, i make changes what ever i need and there is no need to explaining why i made changes, as forums will be taken as Updated information.....

Thanks again. Good luck

BobbyB

Champion Member
Feb 10, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hold on. If you are making changes you will need to explain why you are doing that with an accompanying letter.

What are you planning to change?

mahharrouf

Jan 23, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
BobbyB said:
Hold on. If you are making changes you will need to explain why you are doing that with an accompanying letter.

What are you planning to change?
Thanks BobbyB...

Change would be, if case of IELTS test, As i indicated Moderate, so let see what band score i will get. Ok, then other, i finished my 2 jobs, one was part time , i finished in november, and other full time i lefted in december for joining my recent Job. So that 2 changes after application, i need to update status where it was " from XXXX to Present" i guess now on place of Present, i need to put end date.Other almost every thing is fine.

BobbyB

Champion Member
Feb 10, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
OK. That's fine.
Have you got references and letters from the company you are leaving, as well as your new contract? If not, it is highly advisable that you get them and make photocopies and include them as proof.

mahharrouf

Jan 23, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks BobbyB,

Yes, i got letters from both companies. Althoug where i was working as part time, they havent indicate my job as part time. They just write i was employed on contract and my salary, duration etc.

BobbyB, i have one other question for you, I register myself as self employer since 4 years and i am providing services IT related to clients as wroking part time included businesses and individuals. Now there is no any contract, as its not a job but self employed activities only, but i must to give recipes of sales of my services, which i also pay taxes too. My activities are under NOC-2282. So can i claim work experience points for this self employed work? as its not a job but other hand i have work experience of 1 year 7 month with one company under same NOC as employed.

BobbyB

Champion Member
Feb 10, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yes, You can.
Get references from your clients, Tax returns, Bank statements of the payment, copies of invoice etc.
Self Employment is totally acceptable as long as you can prove it. I am also a full time self employed IT-Consultant, and have applied with the NOC 2147.

redblade

Apr 8, 2010
Hi,

I work and I am also self employed. I registered for a company 3 years ago but the company has not yet generate any income. I also am a freelancer for a little more than ONE year now and from that job I do pay annual tax here where i live.

In this case, can I say I have TOTAL more than 2 years of self employ experience? Please advise. Thanks.