Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03 August 2017
IELTS Request
L7-R8-S-7-W6.5
Hi Folks,

Can you please share your experience regarding how to prepare for IELTS? Yourself or Institute(s)?

People who are on full time jobs find this a little difficult to go to certain academies or preparation institutes out there for the sake of preparation. But do you believe enrolling yourself into a full time training would help to get the desired score or doing it at home would work?
People who have gone to academies can share their experience.

MForMehr

Aug 23, 2017
Pakistan
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03 August 2017
IELTS Request
L7-R8-S-7-W6.5
Plus, if you could share maximum reliable IELTS preparation material, it would be helpful for all of us who are trying to improve their score.

rehanacca

Apr 22, 2017
Let me share my experience.

I went through each and every page of ieltsliz.com and practiced all material available on the site. Plus, a few lectures and practice lessons (Listening) from Youtube. I did some practice from IELTS Cambridge book 9 or 10 in last 5-6 hours of my preparation.

My full time job takes atleast 12-13 hours a day and i did the preparation after coming back from office in around 4 weeks prior to exam (Full days on weekends). As per my research, the academies are only there to rip you off. I came across to a self proclaimed Expert who couldn't even speak properly without mistakes so preparing on my own was really worth it.

Getting desired IELTS score depends on two factors.

* Your English Language Skills
* Attempting Exam according to IELTS requirements.

Skill takes several months of hard work to improve On the other hand, many native people can't even get a band 7.0 because of poor exam technique.

My advice, If you are good at skills, you just need to prepare on exam techniques which can be done without hiring any tutor. If you need to improve your skills, then definitely yes you may engage in a full time English Language course (Not IELTS specifically).

Best of Luck!!