+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IELTS & PCC

sandiego

Feb 22, 2009
Hi,

IELTS
Buffalo visa office specific instruction says "Language test results must not be older than one year upon submission". I took IELTS on June 2007 and those test results are valid for 2 years which would expire in coming June. Can I apply with my current test results or do I need to take test once again?

PCC
I have a PCC from India obtained in 2008 Nov. Buffalo instruction says PCC should be obtained within the prior 3 months from the date of submission of application. Would they accept my PCC obtained in 2008 Nov?

Basic question is, is the Buffalo office very much strict about all these dates?

Thanks,
Sandiego

rupeshhari

VIP Member
Sep 15, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 2008 to CIO
Doc's Request.
Jan 2009
AOR Received.
Feb 2009 from VO
IELTS Request
Didn't do IELTS.
File Transfer...
Not transfered to regional office.
Med's Request
July 2010 with RPRF and another PCC.
Med's Done....
Meds - September 2010. PCC - Late Oct 2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Early November 2010
VISA ISSUED...
December 2010 - Exactly days shy of 2 years since I sent in my application to CIO.
LANDED..........
i have head of cases where someone gave a slightly older PCC but they hadn't been in the country for years, so it was accepted but that was for CSQ.

IELTS by itself is valid for 2 years. But CIC want IELTS results younger than one year. Its like food with expiry date. Some people won't eat certain foods if its older than a certain period, even if the expiry date hadn't come around yet.

rupeshhari

VIP Member
Sep 15, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 2008 to CIO
Doc's Request.
Jan 2009
AOR Received.
Feb 2009 from VO
IELTS Request
Didn't do IELTS.
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Early November 2010
VISA ISSUED...
December 2010 - Exactly days shy of 2 years since I sent in my application to CIO.
LANDED..........
wpc71 said:
Its like food with expiry date
Good example!!
I had just found bad milk in my fridge even though the expiry was next week, ha ha. Think that was too much information now lol.

BobbyB

Champion Member
Feb 10, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
How long is my police clearance certificate valid?

Your police clearance certificate is valid for a period of one year from the date it was issued. If the validity has expired before your visa is issued you will be requested to provide an updated police certificate from the country you are currently living in. If you have already submitted police certificates from other countries where you have not recently lived you will not have to provide an update.

How long is my International English Language Test (IELTS) valid for?

For the purpose of Immigration evaluation the test is valid for a period of one year only.

rupeshhari

VIP Member
Sep 15, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 2008 to CIO
Doc's Request.
Jan 2009
AOR Received.
Feb 2009 from VO
IELTS Request
Didn't do IELTS.
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Early November 2010
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Thats a good post Bobby. This means I need to get new US PCC if I get through this round.

zortobello

Mar 3, 2009
i hope that doesn't mean that we will have to get refreshed certificates from all states that we have lived in as well as the FBI...