+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ielts paper based and computer based test difference?

sameerjha

Apr 24, 2021
Hi all, i was tryiong to look for booking a test Center but there i see 2 options:
1. Computer based tests
2. Paper based test
Whats differnece?

captainarabiia

VIP Member
Mar 17, 2015
Winnipeg
Visa Office......
Riyadh Visa Office
App. Filed.......
22-02-2018
Passport Req..
11-03-2018
Hi all, i was tryiong to look for booking a test Center but there i see 2 options:
1. Computer based tests
2. Paper based test
Whats differnece?

Pretty much the same, the only difference is it won't be on paper. Personally, I love working with computers, that's why I chose the computer based test.

captainarabiia

VIP Member
Mar 17, 2015
Winnipeg
Visa Office......
Riyadh Visa Office
App. Filed.......
22-02-2018
Passport Req..
11-03-2018
How does computer-delivered IELTS work?
If you choose computer-delivered IELTS, you will take the Listening, Reading and Writing sections on a computer at one of our official test centres. The Speaking test will remain face to face with a trained IELTS examiner, as we believe it is the most effective way of assessing your speaking skills.

All other aspects of the test are exactly the same, whether it is taken on paper or on computer, including:

• Content
  • Timings
  • Question types
  • Scoring
  • Speaking test delivery
  • Test Report Form
  • Results Verification

bootes

Star Member
Apr 22, 2021
1. Computer based tests
2. Paper based test
Whats differnece?
In terms of questions, they will be the same. You will just be asked to transfer your answers to a paper answer sheet for paper-based tests. Results for the computer-based test also usually comes out before paper-based.