+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IELTS on April 8th

X

xibalban

Finished my LRW. Screwed up the Listening module big time, I'd get only 34 out of 40 :(. Other two modules went great. Expecting R: 39/40 W: Band 8+

My anticipated CRS is affected.

progression

Star Member
Feb 2, 2017
Isfijob
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Let's share whatever answers you have here:

1-10: Hokitika, adult, month, mending, wood, toys, experience, machine.

30-40: sound, salt, collectors, agriculture, fish, chemicals, risk, damage.

X

xibalban

Seems to be different than mine.

I had some mobile contract conversation, then some Gardens and Slide & Presentations and finally Railways in the Listening Section. Don't really remember the questions, since I did badly.

progression

Star Member
Feb 2, 2017
Isfijob
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
xibalban said:

I had some mobile contract conversation, then some Gardens and Slide & Presentations and finally Railways in the Listening Section. Don't really remember the questions, since I did badly.
Did you take General IELTS?

progression

Star Member
Feb 2, 2017
Isfijob
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
xibalban said:
Obviously!! Besides, the Listening test is the same for both General & Academic.
I know that. I was just wondering if you could share any answers that you remember from Reading.

harshbhalodia

Mar 1, 2017
Someone told me the Listening and Reading test for GT as same as some of the preparing materials (Might be Cambridge books). Is it possible?

I tried to ask him but he could able to find out now because he has a speaking test scheduled tomorrow and he doesn't have time now.

progression

Star Member
Feb 2, 2017
Isfijob
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
harshbhalodia said:
Someone told me the Listening and Reading test for GT as same as some of the preparing materials (Might be Cambridge books). Is it possible?

I tried to ask him but he could able to find out now because he has a speaking test scheduled tomorrow and he doesn't have time now.
Yeah, I also had that feeling. Don't know about Listening but section 2 of Reading, which was about Paragliding definitely was very similar to one of the Cambridge test questions.

UBC 2017

Apr 8, 2017
xibalban said:

Same one as yours , was very tricky!!

robb83

Jul 4, 2016
Well second go at IELTS messed up.

With being a native speaker the speaking (ironically) was a walk in the park as the time before.

Listening wasnt too bad as a whole, out first question was about austalia and visiting places.

then about submitting an essay to a radio station i think

then matching two people talking about working subjects

then finally i think it was about the vancouver animal like a beaver (cant remember its name)

Reading I managed to turn into a car wreck on the last section, it was about fish market and trade. the true, false, not given were just taxing on my mind as always. wasnt sure on most of those and there were 8!

The writing was a letter to the newspaper about someone you know and the article had inaccurate evidence - relatively easy.

The 2nd question was is techonology like the mobile phone destroying social interaction

again another car wreck on this question, should have been easy but my mind went all over the place and time pressure got to me.

if you want any specific answers and this sounded like your paper let me know, ill see if i can re-call them

kadian

Sep 13, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
progression said:
Let's restore all the Listening and Reading questions and answers.
LISTENING

Question No. 39: The Speaker emphasises on the city of Darwin, because

A. It is easy to communicate to city of Berkley/melbourne
B. It is an international trade hub
C. ......

What was the Answer ?

I lost track of the audio in the last four questions from 37 to 40.

kadian

Sep 13, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LISTENING

Question 37. What did the speaker say about the passenger trains ?

A. Passenger trains were infrequent in number
B. The tourism sector was low in the area
C. ....................

Answer ?