Hi,

I have the below marks in IELTS.

Listening : 8
Reading : 7
Writing : 7
Speaking : 7

Total : 7.5

My overall score for CIC is 363.

My question is if i appear for IELTS again and got 8 in all sections how much will be my overall score.

tejasmhaskar

Nov 15, 2015
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
12-10-2018
binsin said:
Hi,

My question is if i appear for IELTS again and got 8 in all sections how much will be my overall score.
You have decent score on IELTS. Writing IELTS again wont help much as it wont add more than 8-12 points even if you score max. on all sections. I suggest you try for PNP!

LizzyBob

Nov 26, 2015
NOC Code......
binsin said:
Hi,

here is the CRS calculator http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/crs-tool.asp use it to check your score

binsin

Star Member
Feb 18, 2016
My highest educational qualification is MCom (Master of Commerce).

As per WES evaluation, it is considered as Bachelors (4years).

If i am selecting my educational qualification as Masters Degree my points will be 402 where as if i am selecting Bacheors as per WES my points will be 363 only(which i selected as of now).

Do you think i should select Masters Degree as my educational qualification?

LizzyBob

Nov 26, 2015
NOC Code......
binsin said:
My highest educational qualification is MCom (Master of Commerce).

As per WES evaluation, it is considered as Bachelors (4years).

If i am selecting my educational qualification as Masters Degree my points will be 402 where as if i am selecting Bacheors as per WES my points will be 363 only(which i selected as of now).

Do you think i should select Masters Degree as my educational qualification?
Since WES has evaluated it as a bachelors degree, you have to select bachelors degree only :( .

Prats6

Aug 31, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
4th April 2017
Med's Done....
Upfront
binsin said:
Hi,

You have a good IELTS Band. However untill and unless you have a Masters, if would not translate into greater points. And as WES evaluated your degree as Bachelors, you need to select the same on your profile.

Just wondering how was it evaluated as Masters? Were you not from a recognized university? Generally the Masters Degree such as MCom, MBA (not PGDBM) get evaluated as Masters.

binsin

Star Member
Feb 18, 2016
Masters was from recognised University only.

i modified the education section and selected "Two or more certificates, diplomas or degrees. One must be a program of three or more years" since i am having my BCom and M Com certificates evaluated. This helped me to get my score to 395.

Do you think 395 will help to get any Provincial nomination?

LizzyBob

Nov 26, 2015
NOC Code......
395 is quite low, Ontario PNP invitations are usually given to scores of 400 and above. Have a look at this link which shows all the other provinces and their requirements, see if you have a chance there. http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/provincial/apply-who.asp

Also, can you paste what your WES ECA report says in the "canadian equivalent summary"? If it says only "bachelors degree" then should not select ""two or more certificates" in your express entry profile. Doing this would surely lead to a rejection of your application by CIC, if your profile is selected. Several people have made this costly mistake in the past.

binsin

Star Member
Feb 18, 2016
WES report says as below:

Master of Commerce :

Canadian Equivalency : Bachelor's degree (four years)

Bachelor of Commerce:

Canadian Equivalency : Bachelor's degree (three years)

Please advise.

pultyn

Star Member
Jan 8, 2013
If you decide to take english test again, please consider CELPIP (If you are already in Canada). As far as I remember if your next IELTS score will be lower your previous score will be replaced in their database.

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
binsin said:
WES report says as below:

Master of Commerce :

Canadian Equivalency : Bachelor's degree (four years)

Bachelor of Commerce:

Canadian Equivalency : Bachelor's degree (three years)

Please advise.
Ask WES to reconfirm if your overall equivalency summary can show up as 'Bachelors Degree (4 years) & Bachelors Degree (3 years). If it can show up like that, you can choose '2 or more...'.

binsin

Star Member
Feb 18, 2016
Thanks. Will do that.

R u sure about IELTS will take the latest score even if it lesser compared to previous one. I was planning to take one more test to improve my score again.

Pls advise

LizzyBob

Nov 26, 2015
NOC Code......
binsin said:
Thanks. Will do that.

R u sure about IELTS will take the latest score even if it lesser compared to previous one. I was planning to take one more test to improve my score again.

Pls advise
since you are at 395 points, then a better IELTS score will help you get an invitation for ONTARIO PNP. You can aim for the following scores in IELTS; Listening-8.5, Reading-8.0, Writing-7.5 and Speaking-7.5. This will give u an added 12 points to your score which will help.

Also, have a look at your WES report, on the very first line of the report, what does it say in "CANADIAN EQUIVALENCY SUMMARY"?It is this summary that matters the most.

gurik

Champion Member
Apr 29, 2016
Category........
Other
binsin said:
Hi,

You should definitely go ahead and give the IELTS exam again as your score is good and you can easily improve to get the highest score which is CLB 10 level. means, Listening-8.5, Reading- 8.0, Writing- 7.5 and Speaking- 7.5. If you get these scores or above you have a chance to add 15 points more to your language skills. you should definitely go ahead. and if your score is above 400 you can go for ontario PNP and other PNP s.

Tikushikha

Feb 23, 2015
Dubai
Category........
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
25 October
If you get 8 in all separately then your total score will become 8 which will increase your adaptability score also.