+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IELTS less than 7 band

immicanada

Jul 7, 2008
Hi,

Can any pls advice if the IELTS scores LESS THAN 7.0 in modules with immigration application is also acceptable. This is for buffalo center.

While checking my score with self assesment tool my score is coming out be 58 (without adding language score) so would need just 9 marks out of 16 to qualify of minimun score of 67.

My question is that if get 12 marks with IELTS like scores 7(4)/6(2)/7(4)/6(2) in modules, Will my application will get processed OR Do I have to get minimum of 7 band so as that my application is started?
Will there be additional time delay in processing if scores are less than 7???

Any help will be greatly appreciated..

Thanks..

olusolalekan

Jul 3, 2008
You will be awarded 12 point under the scenerio you mentioned. You don't have to score minimum of 7 in all section of the exam. 7 is just the best score to maximize the alloted point of 4.

shezi

Mar 6, 2008
Islamabad
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Hi,
My advice is, you don’t need to get overall 7 band in all modules. Because each module take individual marks for example.
If you got IELTS score like this.
Listening 7 band ,reading less than 7 ,writing less than 7 Speaking less than 7
Total =4+2+2+2=10 points
Listening 7 band ,reading 7 ,writing less than 7 Speaking less than 7
Total=4+4+2+2=12 points
And your second question answer is that IELTS score doesn’t effect on processing time.
Good luck

G

GONZALESANDREA

As long as your assessment score is 67 or more your in good shape. From what I read from other forum, CIC looks on the total assessment score, not on the individual score of the IELTS.