+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IELTS in initial application and change of 38 list a rumor???

redblade

Apr 8, 2010
Hello,

I read some post about the Canadian government is adding a new rule which requires everyone to submit their IELTS score when first send application to Sydney; also, some other posts say there will be a new list of noc occupations that replaces the current one. Does anyone know if they are just RUMOR??

I read those posts this morning and decided to complete the application form today (which I did!!) and was going to send them out tomorrow or even tonight; but if those are just rumor, I would like to spend a day or two to just go over everything with my family again (some of them are away now...)

Can someone please tell me if you DID see news from any Canadian government agencies announcing changes stated above and where?

Many Thanks!!

mahharrouf

Jan 23, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
No one can confirm you here 100% unless Canadian Immigration that what changes are coming and exactly when. Its general idea, as some of linked information that 10 April they will make changes in NOC-List etc, as well as regrading IELTS.

Well, you have to decide , you need more time or its good to go. I think every one will advise you here that apply as soon as possible, at least before 10th April, as no one known what changes will be announced. Its always better to apply as early as convenient.

redblade

Apr 8, 2010
Hi mahharrouf,

Thanks for your reply. I did some search on Google but only found one site that posted that news. The site is workpermit dot com. Is that where you read the news too?

What you said makes total sense. Do you know if the Canadian government is going to make the changes or if they are going to announce the changes? There is a huge difference between these two....however, do you know if they have ever announced something on the same day they wanted change? If so I better not take any risk...Please let me know where to find more about the April 10th change for IELTS if you dont mind. Thanks again!!

professional 1

Champion Member
Apr 25, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
redblade said:
Hello,

I read some post about the Canadian government is adding a new rule which requires everyone to submit their IELTS score when first send application to Sydney; also, some other posts say there will be a new list of noc occupations that replaces the current one. Does anyone know if they are just RUMOR??

I read those posts this morning and decided to complete the application form today (which I did!!) and was going to send them out tomorrow or even tonight; but if those are just rumor, I would like to spend a day or two to just go over everything with my family again (some of them are away now...)

Can someone please tell me if you DID see news from any Canadian government agencies announcing changes stated above and where?

Many Thanks!!

At least for the IELTS matter it is not a rumor, have a look at the following link:

they allowed applicants to submit the academic verison of the IELTS
The updated official operational manual:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/EnGLIsh/resources/manuals/op/op06-eng.pdf

Page 31, (updated 1-4-2010)

And,

They updated page 37 as well to include the following:

"For applications received on or after April 10, 2010, at the
CIO, do not offer the applicant the opportunity to undergo
and submit the results of a designated language test"

and for the changes on the list it is not a rumors as well but no one knows the exact date for the change :

“The Action Plan for Faster Immigration is designed to make immigration more responsive to Canada’s economic conditions. When these conditions change, the instructions are meant to change too,” said Minister Kenney. “The first set of instructions has had a significant impact, but our research shows it is time to revise them to make sure they continue to meet their goals.”

The source :

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/media/releases/2010/2010-03-16.asp

mahharrouf

Jan 23, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
redblade said:
Hi mahharrouf,

Thanks for your reply. I did some search on Google but only found one site that posted that news. The site is workpermit dot com. Is that where you read the news too?

What you said makes total sense. Do you know if the Canadian government is going to make the changes or if they are going to announce the changes? There is a huge difference between these two....however, do you know if they have ever announced something on the same day they wanted change? If so I better not take any risk...Please let me know where to find more about the April 10th change for IELTS if you dont mind. Thanks again!!

As above member mentioned the links, the change of IELTS is not related to its points or etc. Every thing is same, before they were accepting General only, now they are accepting Academic too. And change after 10 would be, you won't have a second chance, if you chooses to submit Letter of proficiency instead of IELTS, they will decide on that and wont ask you go for IELTS in case even letter could not satisfy IO.

professional 1

Champion Member
Apr 25, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
redblade said:
Hi professional 1,

Thank you for your quick reply. I downloaded the file and tried to find on page 31 and 37 where it says we have to submit IELTS test score with the initial application package but had no luck...could you please point out which line I should look into? Thanks again and sorry for being such idiot.

Page 37 inside the schedual :

If … Then the officer will …
the material submitted satisfies
the officer that the applicant has
the proficiency levels claimed

• award language points for the proficiency levels claimed,
according to the chart provided in Section 11.3.
demonstrated language
proficiency of at least
Benchmark level "4" but not the
proficiency levels claimed

• inform the applicant in writing that they have not
demonstrated compliance with the Benchmarks at the levels
claimed.

• offer the applicant the opportunity to undergo and submit the
results of a designated language test within a certain time
period.

• For applications received on or after April 10, 2010, at the
and submit the results of a designated language test
If the designated test option is not pursued by the applicant:

• inform the applicant that they have satisfied the officer of
some language proficiency but have not demonstrated
compliance with the Benchmarks for the levels they have
claimed and award the maximum points that are appropriate
for the submission.
the evidence provided does not
demonstrate a Benchmark level
of at least "4"
• award 0 points.
the applicant does not provide
any evidence to satisfy the
officer that demonstrates a
benchmark level of at least “4”
• award 0 point

redblade

Apr 8, 2010
Hi Thanks to both of you, in this case, even if I send it tonight, the application package will be there on Saturday the 10th. What are the choices I have? Should I Fedex it?

mahharrouf

Jan 23, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
redblade said:
Hi Thanks to both of you, in this case, even if I send it tonight, the application package will be there on Saturday the 10th. What are the choices I have? Should I Fedex it?

Well, I will say, send it as soon as possible, If they received it on 10th, its saturday but I hope you will be good to go, because if 10 is the deadline, it will count till end time of 10th. My personal opinion is , they will officially announce IELTS updates on 10, and NOC on 1st of may ( my rough guess only ), so still you are good to go, as hopefully IELTS changes should not an issue for you. Here and every where, its always recommended to go for IELTS unless English is your mother tongue.

So, in conclusion, send it as soon as possible.

redblade

Apr 8, 2010
Longer or Shorter NOC list coming on May 1st?

Is Fedex the fastest delivery company on earth? I have just visited their location but was told that there will be no more pick up today; called their center and was told that they fastest they can deliver the package is next Wednesday...

I guess I am done for the day...Let's hope they wont remove some job categories from the 38 list on May 1st. At least I finally completed the forms today which is a big deal for me personally :'(.

I am not too worried about IELTS but I do have to get used to the heavy British accent in the listening test. I am quite concerned about the NOC list tho. What kind of changes do you guys feel may happen to the precious list of 38? will the new one be longer or shorter? There is some news saying that Canada
s economy is recovering and there may be a shortage of workers there, is that a good reason to be optimistic?

visaexpert4indians

Mar 19, 2010
INDIA
Category........
Visa Office......
NEW DELHI
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
professional 1 said:
At least for the IELTS matter it is not a rumor, have a look at the following link:

they allowed applicants to submit the academic verison of the IELTS
The updated official operational manual:

Page 31, (updated 1-4-2010)

And,

They updated page 37 as well to include the following:

"For applications received on or after April 10, 2010, at the
and submit the results of a designated language test"

and for the changes on the list it is not a rumors as well but no one knows the exact date for the change :

“The Action Plan for Faster Immigration is designed to make immigration more responsive to Canada's economic conditions. When these conditions change, the instructions are meant to change too,” said Minister Kenney. “The first set of instructions has had a significant impact, but our research shows it is time to revise them to make sure they continue to meet their goals.”

The source :

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/media/releases/2010/2010-03-16.asp
Professional 1 has provided great details.....pls go through it........

visaexpert4indians

Mar 19, 2010
INDIA
Category........
Visa Office......
NEW DELHI
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Download pdf file and read it

IELTS Academic is allowed now....

From Page Number 31,

Note: For the IELTS reading and writing tests, there are ‘General Training’ and ‘Academic’ options. CIC
only requires to have their proficiency assessed by the ‘General Training’ test but will also accept the
results of the ‘Academic’ test. .

You must take IELTS before applying Canada PR.

From Page Number 37,

For applications received on or after April 10, 2010, at the

You must take IELTS exam before applying to sydney. I am no sure about submission of IELTS. You may submit IELTS original result to local embassy, But it is compulsory to have IELTS result to get exacy language point before applying

Seniors please discuss.....we want more update...

dipmm2000

Star Member
Jan 30, 2010
London
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-05-2010
professional 1 said:
Page 37 inside the schedual :

If ... Then the officer will ...

demonstrated language
proficiency of at least

claimed.

period.

for the submission.
of at least "4"
• award 0 points.
• award 0 point
Full section about this, you can see it is appplicable if you decide to submit written evidence only...

11.10. Other written evidence
If the applicant provides a written explanation and supporting documentation in lieu of test results,
officers must assess it against the Canadian Language Benchmarks 2000, and/or the Niveaux de
compétence linguistique canadiens.2006 R79(2) establishes the following equivalencies between
the four proficiency levels and the Canadian Language Benchmarks:
Proficiency level Benchmark equivalencies
High Benchmark 8 or higher
Moderate Benchmark 6 or 7
Basic Benchmark 4 or 5
No proficiency Benchmark 3 or lower
Thus, for purposes of assessment of proficiency levels, it is Benchmarks 4, 6, and 8 that are of
key importance, as they are the thresholds of the three levels for which points can be awarded.
Refer to the following quick reference chart to access the appropriate Canadian Language
With these detailed descriptors, officers will assess whether or not the applicant’s evidence in
writing satisfies them that they possess their claimed proficiency levels in English and/or French.
If … Then the officer will …
demonstrated language
proficiency of at least
claimed.
period.
for the submission.
of at least "4"
• award 0 points.
• award 0 points.
The onus is on the applicant to satisfy the officer of claimed language proficiency.
Given the detailed nature of the Canadian Language Benchmarks 2000 and the Niveaux de
compétence linguistique canadiens 2006 it should be clear that, in most cases where language
proficiency is not patently obvious from the applicant’s background, self-serving declarations, thirdparty
testimonials and/or other claims not supported by detailed and objective evidence will be of
little probative value in establishing high or moderate proficiency.