+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IELTS (GT) IDP 19 Jan 2019 - Discussion, Preparation & Answer Keys

vijaysanthoshkumar

Apr 23, 2018
Bangalore
So true...! Section one, part one took around 10-12 minutes.
Yeah... I use to finish section 1 in all my mock tests within 10-12 minutes. But for the actual test, i spent more than 10 mins and yet i was not sure whether the answers that i mentioned are correct or not and usually True/False/NG will be in section 2 or section 3, here it was in Section 4 and the passage was also bit complicated to understand.

Nj64

Feb 19, 2018
Nowadays lifestyles have significantly changed with advances in technology.likewise, eating habits have altered as people prefer buying readymade food than cooking it themselves. Although, this eating trend is popular yet I believe it has more disadvantages.

To embark on, readymade food is best suited to present fast paced world because it can consumed at any time and place.additinally, we don't have troubles like buying raw material and preparing food which might take hours.hence it saves time and energy which can be used for some productive work

On the other hand, eating pre cooked poses many threats to physical and mental health of consumer as a lot of preservatives are added to the food and sometimes many bacteria are incubating which we eat without being aware of it. Moreover we are oblivious about the method of cooking and hygiene of the utensils used for preparation. For example obesity is so common in youth as they consume ready made food which are cooked in high saturated oils.

Buying cooked food is expensive and put a lot of pressure on the pocket of customer because these foods have additional costs such as service tax. While preparing food by ourselves does not cost this much.

In conclusion,albeit buying pre -cooked food is demand yet it has multiple negative effects on the health of consumers.
I wrote almost essay similar to this essay in exam please anyone who have good writing skills can evaluate thanks in advance

Arshan

Jun 14, 2017
Am i the only one who feels that Reading was way too difficult when compared with other modules? Also the mock tests in the IELTS book that one would receive after paying the fees, was way too easy.
But anyhow the grading would be different as well. I read somewhere that when the reading is more difficult than it must be, then by 32 correct answers out of 40 u would get 7. This is normally 34 out of 40 for easier exams.

Pujit1542

Star Member
Aug 24, 2018
But anyhow the grading would be different as well. I read somewhere that when the reading is more difficult than it must be, then by 32 correct answers out of 40 u would get 7. This is normally 34 out of 40 for easier exams.
No it doesn’t work like that..! You have a table for it 34-35:7 37:7.5 - and so on.. it depends how many correct you have rather than easiness

Reactions: Pavan909

Arshan

Jun 14, 2017
No it doesn’t work like that..! You have a table for it 34-35:7 37:7.5 - and so on.. it depends how many correct you have rather than easiness
Different versions of the test all report results on the same underlying scale, but band scores do not always correspond to the same percentage of items correct on every test form. Before any test task is used to make important decisions, we must first establish how many correct answers on each Listening or Reading test equate to each of the nine IELTS bands. This ensures that band scores on each test indicate the same measure of ability.

Find this document in British council's website:
https://takeielts.britishcouncil.org/sites/default/files/2018-01/The_Question_Paper_Production_Process_v1.pdf

Last edited:

fperk_83

Nov 1, 2016
Same origin no chance it’s False real tennis ball made from cork unlike lawn tennis

council is responsible true as they are maintaining projects of buildings
How do yourll remember each and every sentence word to word. ;)
After the exam, i dont remember anything. Only when your discuss the answers something clicks in my mind.

Reactions: bhargavi03