+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ielts general catagory Aug 18th

Mrinversatile

Aug 31, 2018
Hello guys,

I am from Calcutta,India and appeared for Ielts under British Council.

The result for the Aug 18th,2018 Ielts came out today:

I got:

L:8
R:8
S:7
W:6.5

I really need to increase my writing score by 0.5.But can't really make up my mind whether to re-evaluate or re-appear.It would be highly appreciated if anyone share their experiences and thoughts on this to give a clear picture.

Poojakaaushik

Aug 31, 2018
Hello guys,

I am from Calcutta,India and appeared for Ielts under British Council.

The result for the Aug 18th,2018 Ielts came out today:

I got:

L:8
R:8

I really need to increase my writing score by 0.5.But can't really make up my mind whether to re-evaluate or re-appear.It would be highly appreciated if anyone share their experiences and thoughts on this to give a clear picture.
Hi

I guess my case is almost same and looking for the answer for the same questions you have asked

I got :
L:8.5
R:7
would like to know which option is better re-evaluate or re-appear

Mrinversatile

Aug 31, 2018
Hi

I guess my case is almost same and looking for the answer for the same questions you have asked

I got :
L:8.5
R:7
would like to know which option is better re-evaluate or re-appear
Hi,

The issue is the time frame and the cost involved for the re-evaluation which is almost more or less the same amount as the exam fee.Moreover, the time taken to re-evaluate is around 6-8 weeks which is pretty long.

Going by the search results L & R are rarely unlikely to change as they are straight cut answers whereas if you are confident enough about your W or S,you can give it a try but re-evaluation is almost equivalent to gambling.

Last edited:

Poojakaaushik

Aug 31, 2018
Hi,

The issue is the time frame and the cost involved for the re-evaluation which is almost more or less the same amount as the exam fee.Moreover, the time taken to re-evaluate is around 6-8 weeks which is pretty long.

Going by the search results L & R are rarely unlikely to change as they are straight cut answers whereas if you are confident enough about your W or R,you can give it a try but re-evaluation is almost equivalent to gambling.

I also googled it and found for listening and reading its not worth but for writing and speaking it can help.
Also i do not have issue of time as my education evaluation is left. As i am not really sure if in second attempt will i be able to get required score... may be then in speaking they give me 6.5

Mrinversatile

Aug 31, 2018
I also googled it and found for listening and reading its not worth but for writing and speaking it can help.
Also i do not have issue of time as my education evaluation is left. As i am not really sure if in second attempt will i be able to get required score... may be then in speaking they give me 6.5

That's true,you can never really predict what could be your scores if you re-appear.However,the preparation level and the confidence amount indeed gets boosted once you know the exam pattern practically.

That's certainly my personal belief,one might differ and contradict.