+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ielts enquiry

Sep 23, 2009
sir, one of my friends told me that if we have completed 14 years of eductation from english medium school then there is no need to take IELTS examination.please help me with this

boltz

Jul 30, 2009
Nope... this cannot be a reason for being exempted from taking IELTS.

I guess if you are basically from english speaking country then you might be exempted - however there are a few additional conditions around this too... for eg., India is not considered english speaking country; while USA, UK are!

abelkwh

Jul 30, 2009
As stated in the instructions for application, if u are not a native speaker of english from an english speaking country such as UK, US, Australia. Would be advisable to take yr ILETS. I am from Singapore, with a double masters from Australia and US, bachelors also from US, educated all my life in english medium, but yet i had to take my ILETS to prove my proficiency in English, so do not expect yr friend who has only been educated 14 yrs to pass the qualification round and get full scores if there is no hard evidence to prove his or her proficiency.

If yr friend is really ok with english then no fear in taking ILETS. I had a score of 8 for all levels, so, no worries for your friend too if he is indeed proficiency in english.