+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IELTS.....COUNTS TOO MUCH IN EE!

thestunner316

Champion Member
Feb 6, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
besides, thats only for english speaking people... if you know french also hten you can add more points.

iamlily

Feb 6, 2016
thestunner316 said:
481 should be more than enough to get ITA.. i know cut off has been high for hte last few months but it will go down from october onwards (hoping :) )
However, clb10 in each band is very very difficult for Chinese people...

eggsterminate

Star Member
Aug 5, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
iamlily said:
However, clb10 in each band is very very difficult for Chinese people...
Not with that attitude!
Work on your language skills. Attend ESL lessons, book clubs, watch tv and movies only in English. Immersive language learning works. It is hard but not impossible to achieve. Avoid the temptation to switch back to your native language while preparing.
You appear to already be in Canada, which is half the battle.

xiaolei

Apr 12, 2014
iamlily said:
If you don't have Canadian experience, you maximum score is 481(clb10 in each band), which is not high enough. If you have Canadian experience, it will be much easier... So you should find a job...
Finding a job may be the best choice..

binshuo20

May 4, 2016
xiaolei said:
I got my master in Canada. Now I am hunting for a job. Got rejected for three times only because I am not a PR. So I have to start it over, apply PR first! Thr thing is that I can't a job without PR, and I Cant get PRwithout ajob . That's whyI am worried and angry about the system.
This kind chicken and egg dilemma is quite frustrating. But since you are already in Canada, is it that hard to get IELTS 8777? I've never been abroad before and I hardly speak English in my everyday life. I can even get that score in China, where allegedly it's more difficult for test takers to get above band 7. I don't see the point in complaining about the language barrier in the system. Just take more tests.

Is it real that corporations require candidates to have PR? I just took an interview with Amazon last week in Beijing for positions in Canada. If big companies can go overseas to hire people, it's ridiculous to set a meaningless obstacles for people who are already in Canada.

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
xiaolei said:
Finding a job may be the best choice..
If you're in IT, it might be possible to get a job even with halting English.
However if your line of work requires constant communication in a multi-cultural setting, you may have trouble getting hired.

xiaolei

Apr 12, 2014
binshuo20 said:
This kind chicken and egg dilemma is quite frustrating. But since you are already in Canada, is it that hard to get IELTS 8777? I've never been abroad before and I hardly speak English in my everyday life. I can even get that score in China, where allegedly it's more difficult for test takers to get above band 7. I don't see the point in complaining about the language barrier in the system. Just take more tests.

Is it real that corporations require candidates to have PR? I just took an interview with Amazon last week in Beijing for positions in Canada. If big companies can go overseas to hire people, it's ridiculous to set a meaningless obstacles for people who are already in Canada.
8777 is CLB8 I need
CLB10.

thestunner316

Champion Member
Feb 6, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
binshuo20 said:
That's incorrect,8777 is CLB9. You should double check your source of information.
yes you are correct...

8.5L
8R
7.5W
7.5S

Thats the receipe for CLB 10