+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ielts and study permit.

Sehr-slim

Feb 18, 2013
Good afternoon! I need your help. The problem is that my study permit expires on the 31-st of March, but Ielts will be started on the 13-th of April which I really need to take here in Toronto before I will go home. So my question is what should I do? I can't extend a study permit because I change my program and institution.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

Sehr-slim said:
Good afternoon! I need your help. The problem is that my study permit expires on the 31-st of March, but Ielts will be started on the 13-th of April which I really need to take here in Toronto before I will go home. So my question is what should I do? I can't extend a study permit because I change my program and institution.
Apply for an extension as a visitor. Then you will have implied status until CIC makes a decision. Sufficient time to take the IELTs on 13th, then you go home.

Sehr-slim

Feb 18, 2013
Oh, ok. Please can you explain it to me step by step. Where can I do it. If it is electronically, how to do it. I am a new guy in Canada, so please describe this process for me.

Sehr-slim

Feb 18, 2013
And when do you think it is better to apply for this extension? How long do they spend to get their decision?

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

Sehr-slim said:
Oh, ok. Please can you explain it to me step by step. Where can I do it. If it is electronically, how to do it. I am a new guy in Canada, so please describe this process for me.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/visit/extend-stay.asp