Feb 6, 2018
Delhi
Category........
FSW
App. Filed.......
03-02-2018
IELTS Request
06-01-2018
Can you please share some tips to attempt IELTS. Its first time for me and am confused what to do ? I have been studying online but it desnot seems helpful
in simple words...

Understand the exam pattern (Lizblog or some other source...i had cambridge 12 i think and took mocks from www.ielts-exam.net)
Take a mock (Identify weak areas and strong areas and how far away are you away from target scores)
Practice timed tests (I used to do one section daily and on weekends full tests (L,R,W)...although focus was always on getting listening right..not too worried on speaking and writing..for writing I got serious (word limit,paraphrasing,complex structure and conclusion focus) only about 1 week from the test date)
Check your improvement and decide if you need personal coaching or ready for booking the test date.
Go crack it...

Reactions: tahir.faryal

Nitin Garg

Sep 7, 2016
In my first attempt in nov 2017 i got
R 8.5
L 8
S 7
W 6.5
I gave it again on 24 march n scored
R 8.5
L 9
S 7.5
W 7.5
For my first attempt, i subscribed to road to ielts by british council, the practice material is good, but most of it is available on internet. I hv saved some of it, i can share it with u.
For second attempt, i made up a structure for writing task 2, that too with set timer.

Could you share the Soft materials with me?

SokieBia

Apr 26, 2018
Hi guys! I took IELTS on March 24. I realized that listening gives you more points in express entry so pay attention to it. Writing is also very important.

My score was:
Listening 8.5
Reading 9
Spoken 8
Writing 7

Reactions: fridge03

div velu

Apr 29, 2018
Can you please share some tips to attempt IELTS. Its first time for me and am confused what to do ? I have been studying online but it desnot seems helpful
ieltsliz is an amazing source for IELTS. Her blog page gives all the information you need.

tahir.faryal

Star Member
Jan 21, 2018
United Arab Emirates
Visa Office......
Dubai
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
in simple words...

Understand the exam pattern (Lizblog or some other source...i had cambridge 12 i think and took mocks from www.ielts-exam.net)
Take a mock (Identify weak areas and strong areas and how far away are you away from target scores)
Practice timed tests (I used to do one section daily and on weekends full tests (L,R,W)...although focus was always on getting listening right..not too worried on speaking and writing..for writing I got serious (word limit,paraphrasing,complex structure and conclusion focus) only about 1 week from the test date)
Check your improvement and decide if you need personal coaching or ready for booking the test date.
Go crack it...
Thanks alot. Do you think there is a huge difference between Academic IELTS and General IELTS? or the pattern is almost the same?

WoundedTiger

Star Member
Feb 6, 2018
Delhi
Category........
FSW
App. Filed.......
03-02-2018
IELTS Request
06-01-2018
Thanks alot. Do you think there is a huge difference between Academic IELTS and General IELTS? or the pattern is almost the same?
ONLY WRITING SECTION..General test have letter and Academic would have a graph explanation or something similar

Reactions: tahir.faryal