+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

iec working holiday - police certificate question

jengjeng

Mar 7, 2013
Hi all,

The expiry date on my CAL is fast approaching and I haven't received my police certificate yet (i'm from Australia). It's the only document I need, before I can send my application through. I've sent a message via Kompass and I've attached my receipt, but haven't heard anything back. I'm worried that my CAL will expire before I get this document. Any advice on what I can do?

And will I also need a police certificate from Canada (I'm currently in Toronto on my current IEC working holiday visa).

Thanks in advance!

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

jengjeng said:
Hi all,

The expiry date on my CAL is fast approaching and I haven't received my police certificate yet (i'm from Australia). It's the only document I need, before I can send my application through. I've sent a message via Kompass and I've attached my receipt, but haven't heard anything back. I'm worried that my CAL will expire before I get this document. Any advice on what I can do?

And will I also need a police certificate from Canada (I'm currently in Toronto on my current IEC working holiday visa).

Thanks in advance!
1 I am afraid that you won't receive much sympathy from CIC if you don't upload the PCC from Australia before your CAL expires.
2. No, you don't require a Canadian Police certificate, CIC does their own check.

ScottoCanada

Oct 28, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hey, I dont know about you but on my CAL (Im from the UK) it says:

"For the second stage of this process, you must submit a complete work permit application via MyCIC before the expiry of your CAL or else your application will be refused.

If, for some reason you are unable to provide some of the requested documents, please upload, in the allocated portal, an explanation letter advising CIC when you expect to receive the document that you are currently missing. For example, if you are waiting for a police certificate, upload an explanation letter as your police certificate, in the allocated portal, or else your application will be refused."

So go ahead and write a letter of explanation before the expiry and send your police check in once you have received it..