+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IEC (valid work permit) to open work permit

ula

Mar 11, 2016
Hi,

I'm on the IEC 2015 program with a still valid work permit, working full time. Would love to stay one or two years more in Canada, working. I know I cannot extend IEC nor I can apply for a work permit (because I don't have LMIA), so the only way is to apply for an open work permit.

Can somebody help me and tell me how I can do it and what are my opportunities?

Thank you in advance and have a good day! :)

mirko.alilovic

Star Member
Dec 10, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-05-2015
AOR Received.
28-07-2015
Med's Request
23-12-2015
Med's Done....
08-01-2016
ula said:
Hi,

I'm on the IEC 2015 program with a still valid work permit, working full time. Would love to stay one or two years more in Canada, working. I know I cannot extend IEC nor I can apply for a work permit (because I don't have LMIA), so the only way is to apply for an open work permit.

What province?? Can you not apply for a second IEC?

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
HI

ula said:
Hi,

1. Either you get a LMIA or if eligible apply for a 2nd IEC. As you are not eligible for an open work permit,

ula

Mar 11, 2016
Province- Ontario.

I'm polish, so I can apply for a second IEC after six months in between- so it doesn't help for me.

Is it true that I can apply for an open work permit (when my permit is still vaild) after I apply for a pemanent residency? Is it the only way and how can I do it?

Also about this LMIA- is there any website to find a job with it? That the employer will provide it?

mirko.alilovic

Star Member
Dec 10, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-05-2015
AOR Received.
28-07-2015
Med's Request
23-12-2015
Med's Done....
08-01-2016
ula said:
Is it true that I can apply for an open work permit (when my permit is still vaild) after I apply for a pemanent residency? Is it the only way and how can I do it?
Not true. You will need AOR to apply for open work permit.

ula

Mar 11, 2016
mirko.alilovic said:
Not true. You will need AOR to apply for open work permit.
Ok, but AOR I'll get when I apply for a permanent residency, isn't that right? :)

ula

Mar 11, 2016
Ok, do you have any suggestions how to make it?

And AOR is just a confirmation that they got my application for a permanent residency, yes?