+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IEC Second Work Permit Recieved Questions

Aug 14, 2017
Vancouver
Category........
Hi!

Im from Sweden about to enter the last month of my Working Holiday work permit. I applied for the Young Professionals a couple of days ago and i recieved it and now i have to hand in all the paperwork.

My questions are:
1. When im accepted for the Young Professionals work permit, do i need to leave the country and reenter or does it just approve me right away and then i can stay?
2. Can i leave the country during my Work Permit or do i have to stay in the country the whole year.
3. This will be my third year living in canada, (study permit 1 year, Working holiday 1 year, and now Young Professional will be 1 year) Does that mean that i can apply for PR?

Cheers,

Tried to find answers but haven't found clear answers...

cheers!

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
As per you other thread http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/recieved-young-professionals-from-inside-canada.512038/

Others can correct or comment but
1)You will I believe need to flagpole at the US border along with the usual documentation for activating an IEC such as proof funds/insurance and so on as detailed on the CIC IEC site.
2)There are no restrictions on leaving and coming back into the country but of course make sure you carry your YP permit with your passport at all times and if not already planning to do so or have done before always usual to have a scanned copy of the permit somewhere else in case.
3)applying for PR is not as you probably know about the number of years spent in Canada it is all about whether you have accumulated work experience in NOC classification 0,A or B jobs, your qualifications, English Language capability (IELTS) plus which stream you may qualify for , Express entry, CEC (min 1 year Canadian experience) or if you are lucky enough to get an LMIA sponsor..

Maybe start by looking at the CRS details here and see how points you can potentially score either now or when you have completed your YP http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/express-entry/criteria-crs.asp