+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IEC residency requirement

ploce

Feb 18, 2015
I am from the country that has must be a resident of Xxx in the time of applying ? Does that mean I can not be in Canada at the time of applying ? Thanks

Vikfee

Sep 10, 2014
I have the same question. I am from Country with the requirement "must be a resident of Country when applying". I have been in Canada since October 5 as Student, and I have the study permit valid until January 2016. I am planning to apply under IEC category Young professionals and have already all required documents collected. This concern has dumped my brain.

It is a bit confusing because among section generally asked questions is written that a person can apply for Work permit while holding a study permit.

Please, if somebody know the answer, respond to this post.

Appreciated Vikfee ..

In_Alberta

Nov 13, 2013
From what I have heard other people say, they require a foreign address, even though you live in Canada. The online system just doesn't accept a Canadian address but during processing if the agents find out you actually live in Canada, it doesn't matter to them.

In_Alberta

Nov 13, 2013
Btw there is a great facebook page IEC work Canada 2013/2014 and they are very prompt with answering all the questions about the IEC. They have extended questions beyond those years in case you are wondering.

ploce

Feb 18, 2015
so i applied for kompass ad made in quota , but i messed up my address , for address of physical residence i put my european address and i am actually in canada . should i contact kompass and explain ?

Vikfee

Sep 10, 2014
I am sure you should notice the IEC about that. Otherwise, they will find that you are in Canada and will consider it as intentional misinterpretation.

Besides, your permanent resident address is decisive for the residency requirement. If you permanent residency is in you home country you are good...

ploce

Feb 18, 2015
I hope I am fine because for the current physical address I put my european one because I am only a tourist here in canada