+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IEC processing times 2013

Barnza

May 25, 2013
cheema_nz said:
Applied on 5th Feb and still waiting....
Any one else from New Zealand who applied in Australia?
Have you had any updates with your case? I'm a Kiwi applying in Australia. Having "technical difficulties" I guess you could say!

Julikate

Jan 7, 2013
I finally have all my documentation together and was just about to "sign" the application electronically and it tells me the name I enter is not the name of the applicant?!?! WTF? It also does not show me the amount of fees I need to pay. Anyone have any idea at all what could be the issue. All documents show as provided.

iam_toby

VIP Member
Feb 4, 2013
Julikate said:
I finally have all my documentation together and was just about to "sign" the application electronically and it tells me the name I enter is not the name of the applicant?!?! WTF? It also does not show me the amount of fees I need to pay. Anyone have any idea at all what could be the issue. All documents show as provided.
The name has to be the same than the one you entered in your application forms.
You don't have to pay CIC only IEC in stage 1.

iam_toby

VIP Member
Feb 4, 2013
Julikate said:
LOL and it is the same name. ;-) Oh there is no additional fee for stage 2? That is good to know.
Check all the forms again, and make sure you didn't put middle initials or middle names in one
of the forms...
No, no fee for stage 2.

Julia123

Star Member
Sep 3, 2012
Hello,

I got my POE letter for Young Professional Visa and I entered Canada ... I got in my passport from the immigration an work permit but it is open work permit ...they did not wrote anything from my employer!?... I ask and they said I don't need that? Now I am wondering if I can work anywhere or do I have to work still only that one employer with I applied at CIC and IEC?

What should be written at the visa (what you get in your passport)?

Did they done something wrong? Can I use that open work permit ...or do they know If I work somewhere else? and how do they know also if I am working?

thanks
:)

iam_toby

VIP Member
Feb 4, 2013
Julia123 said:
Hello,

I got my POE letter for Young Professional Visa and I entered Canada ... I got in my passport from the immigration an work permit but it is open work permit ...they did not wrote anything from my employer!?... I ask and they said I don't need that? Now I am wondering if I can work anywhere or do I have to work still only that one employer with I applied at CIC and IEC?

What should be written at the visa (what you get in your passport)?

Did they done something wrong? Can I use that open work permit ...or do they know If I work somewhere else? and how do they know also if I am working?

thanks
:)
Same happened to me. On my WP they only put the field of work in, not the employer. :)
So I theoretically could work for any employer in my field of work. I have no idea what that means and
if its legal to actually change employer. Anyone?

canadiara

Jan 17, 2013
iam_toby said:
Same happened to me. On my WP they only put the field of work in, not the employer. :)
So I theoretically could work for any employer in my field of work. I have no idea what that means and
if its legal to actually change employer. Anyone?
even when you get an lmo you can still change employer. of course you have to state the reason for the change and i'm not sure what kind of paperwork is required. i assume you can change employer in this case as well, if there's something wrong.
and yes, they do know if you work for someone else. you have a sin and every job you do, if it's legal and you receive a paycheck than your sin is recorded to that particular employer.

richardisfamous

Jun 4, 2013
Vancouver, BC
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
20-10-2016
Nomination.....
06-11-2016
AOR Received.
03-12-2016
IELTS Request
31-01-2017
Med's Done....
Upfront
Hey everyone!

Just joined this forum to give my experience so far as a re-applicant for the IEC 2013 for Australians.

SUBMITTED STAGE 1 : June 3rd 2013
CONDITIONAL ACCEPTANCE : June 5th 2013
STEP 2 APPLICATION SUBMITTED : June 5th 2013

I will keep you all updated on the process as it happens.
A little concerned about to physically get the Visa though as I don't drive in BC at the moment, but I'll cross that bridge when I come to it.

abbey86x

Jun 6, 2013
Hey guys,

Those of you who are already in Canada working under WH and applied to YP (or opposite); my stage 2 got refused after 2 months saying I'm not "a person who can apply from within Canada". How did you work around this in 'come to canada' wizard ?

I'm so confused.

abbey86x

Jun 6, 2013
Julikate said:
I guess that will be me as well then, as I did the exact same thing as your boyfriend, seeing as I am already in Canada. If it is a fault in the system, how can they make you reapply?? I have already been waiting to hear from them for weeks now as is. I submitted my application to CIC on the 16th of February and not a single word...

Does the police check have to be in English? Also, if I have been in Canada for more than a year, I suppose I also need a Canadian police check document? Over this.
I found the answer to my question. This happened to me too. How did you guys resolve it? Is there a "fast" way to get your application through when re-applying? I wasted 2 months just to get notified that my application was refused because of this.

Julikate

Jan 7, 2013
abbey86x said:
I found the answer to my question. This happened to me too. How did you guys resolve it? Is there a "fast" way to get your application through when re-applying? I wasted 2 months just to get notified that my application was refused because of this.
Took them three months to figure out I didn't qualify. You have to fill out the Come to Canada wizard listing your country of citizenship as residence, not Canada, but when filling out the form (IMM1295) fill it out listing Canada as current residence, and just submit the application again. They also want a police check for this one, so I got the Canadian one and am waiting for my German one, which I will submit as soon as it is in the mail. And then we will just have to be patient again..

Mittie

Apr 8, 2013
Okay, my update is a bit late but I just wanted to let you know that I got my W&T visa approved on May 14th! ;D
Good luck everybody!

iam_toby

VIP Member
Feb 4, 2013
Julikate said:
Took them three months to figure out I didn't qualify. You have to fill out the Come to Canada wizard listing your country of citizenship as residence, not Canada, but when filling out the form (IMM1295) fill it out listing Canada as current residence, and just submit the application again. They also want a police check for this one, so I got the Canadian one and am waiting for my German one, which I will submit as soon as it is in the mail. And then we will just have to be patient again..
I'm from Germany as well, applied for young professional visa ( my second year in Canada ) and CIC didn't want
an RCMP criminal record check for my application. I only send the scan of my German one.
That's odd. Hope you get your second application approved!!

All the best!