+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IEC - personal details says "in progress"

danielroog23

Apr 10, 2016
I applied for the working holiday visa last month, I didn't have my police cert then but I sent in everything else. Now they want the police cert however when I go into "view submitted application" under my personal details form it says "in progress" even though I have it already completed along with the other forms. When I click into it it doesn't give me any option apart from going "back". Nowhere can I click continue or save or validate. I need to get past this in order to upload my police cert.
Any ideas?

deb62

Mar 3, 2016
My daughter had the same problem just applying for her IEC, it took 3 weeks for it to fix itself, we think/ are pretty sure it's a glitch on the new system. Not sure there's anything you can do, you could try calling, she called, emailed, withdrew profile, all to no avail and then one day she logged in and it said submitted. Then 3 weeks later she received a letter of Invite to apply for a work permit, the work permit came through 2 days ago, so was pretty quick once it all went through.

flipster

Apr 17, 2016
I have registered an account just to reply to this thread. After some research I found this website and can't believe that other people have to watch the day counter of the application decrease as well, not being able to do anything about it. I already wrote several notes via the "technical issues" tab without any answeres and finally deleted (declined) my application. Now I'm afraid that I've destoryed my whole progress and will not be able to come to Canada this year.. I hope I'll get picked again. While the first time it took 5 days the second already took the first week. Maybe it would have been better to wait.

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
So maybe this link helps with 'in progress' http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=1262&top=25

flipster

Apr 17, 2016
I did exactly what is told in that post. As soon as I hit that validate button again it said there would be duplicate passports and I wasn't able to continue.
Above the personal information overview there was an advice to delete the application and start all over again if I want to make any changes to fields that were greyed out. Unfortunately this was the case for me...

wintermelon1

Apr 4, 2016
guys theres a easy solution to this problem, use LOWER CASE letters when entering ur passport then click VALIDATE, this worked for me and I was able to upload my documents, no problem so far.