+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IEC Letter of Introduction

carolinepgray

Mar 7, 2013
Hi all,

I have received my letter of introduction for the IEC 2013 and only after 7 weeks or so. Thing is the validity date on the letter is the 02/03/2015 and it says on the letter that Your application to study or work in Canada has been approved. Your study or work permit will be issued to you upon arrival in Canada, subject to your compliance with the requirements of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act and its Regulations. It will allow you to study or work in Canada for a temporary period only. Read the terms and conditions carefully. You must enter Canada no later than the validity noted above. My father is ill now and i will not be able to go to Canada as expected this year so was wondering if i showed up at the Canadian immigration desk in Vancouver before March 02 2015 would I then get a 2 year IEC visa to work from that point or has my two years started already?

Would really appreciate any help.

Many thanks

Caroline

iam_toby

VIP Member
Feb 4, 2013
You HAVE to enter canada before 02/03/2015. At the port of entry a boarder officer will issue your work permit with the validity of
2 years BEGINNING the day you enter canada, NOT the date CIC issued your LOI.
All that said, as long as you enter canada before your LOI expires, you'll get a 2 year work permit ( if you meet all the CIC immigration
requirements ).

Hope that helps.

OC

Feb 11, 2013
Just a quick question - what date did you submit stage two / what date did you receive your LOI?