+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IEC - CEC Question

jennlitt

Dec 31, 2011
Hello all,

I have a question regarding the CEC requirements as I recently had a little worry. In July I'll be applying for CEC as I will have completed two IEC visas by then and be eligible. I will have worked from June 30 2010 - July 3 2012 when I apply. I took one week off while I went back to England to activate my new visa.

I had prearranged employment when I arrived and have been in the same NOC-B job full time for my whole time in Canada. I'm just a little worried that the time I spent activating my second visa will count against me. I can't get the work permit extended at all even to add on an extra week.

Any ideas?

thanks!

rjessome

VIP Member
Feb 24, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jennlitt said:
Hello all,

I have a question regarding the CEC requirements as I recently had a little worry. In July I'll be applying for CEC as I will have completed two IEC visas by then and be eligible. I will have worked from June 30 2010 - July 3 2012 when I apply. I took one week off while I went back to England to activate my new visa.

I had prearranged employment when I arrived and have been in the same NOC-B job full time for my whole time in Canada. I'm just a little worried that the time I spent activating my second visa will count against me. I can't get the work permit extended at all even to add on an extra week.

Any ideas?

thanks!
If it was a week of vacation time then it won't hurt you.

jennlitt

Dec 31, 2011
Well, this is good news, I was getting a little panicky about it!

Although, second question. Assuming I don't manage to get a TWP after my IEC permit expires (which is right on the two year mark) is there anything to stop me changing my status and remaining in Canada as a visitor for a few months (I think the limit is 6 months with a British passport) and applying for CEC from within Canada? Then possibly returning to the UK while my application is in progress or popping back and forth?

jennlitt

Dec 31, 2011
Oh, I also forgot to mention the other thought I had should TWP be unobtainable is to do some sort of postgraduate course in Canada for 1 year on a study visa. Does anyone see any issues with this as an option also?

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
jennlitt said:
Well, this is good news, I was getting a little panicky about it!

Although, second question. Assuming I don't manage to get a TWP after my IEC permit expires (which is right on the two year mark) is there anything to stop me changing my status and remaining in Canada as a visitor for a few months (I think the limit is 6 months with a British passport) and applying for CEC from within Canada? Then possibly returning to the UK while my application is in progress or popping back and forth?
I don't know about the popping back and forth part, but it would be possible to change status to visitor and apply from within Canada, but you can apply from the UK too.