+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IEC 2013. Bored of waiting and panicking.

Saffska

Jan 17, 2013
Cheltenham, UK
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi guys, well the IEC was supposed to be open before 1st Feb and for a couple of weeks beforehand I was checking daily but on the 31st Jan they updated the page and took off the 1st Feb opening deadline. Now it's the 4th and I'm bored of waiting for it to open and I'm also starting to panic because places go so quickly and I don't want to miss this opportunity. I'm worried I'll miss out because we can't see the application beforehand so I don't know what I have to prepare ready for the IEC application.
What on Earth is this IEC-Kompass account we need to do an assessment on?

Thanks for your help.
Saffy

davidmarsden38

Star Member
Jan 30, 2013
Vancouver, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-11-2012
File Transfer...
16-01-2013
Med's Done....
10-10-2013 (extended)
Passport Req..
Exempt
Hi there Saffy,

I would ensure that you have your police background checks all in place and ready to go! Any country that you have lived in after your 18th birthday for 6 months or more will require a police background check.

For example, if you lived in California, USA, a check from the Californian police will be needed, as well as a check from the FBI.

It is a time consuming process, but when I first took part in the IEC program, I applied in April and still managed to get a visa. If you have the police checks, I don't think you will have anything to worry about!

Best of luck!

David

PS - Email me on here if you have any further questions!

Saffska

Jan 17, 2013
Cheltenham, UK
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks David, a bit of reassurance. :) Will enquire about Police Checks in the morning. :)

davidmarsden38

Star Member
Jan 30, 2013
Vancouver, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-11-2012
File Transfer...
16-01-2013
Med's Done....
10-10-2013 (extended)
Passport Req..
Exempt
Saffska said:
Thanks David, a bit of reassurance. :) Will enquire about Police Checks in the morning. :)
Hi there Saffy,

I too am going absolutely insane waiting for the IEC to open!

Remember this is NOT the UK's section, but the Irish IEC that opened last month may give you some insight as to what to expect.

Message me if you have any other questions!

David

http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/ireland-irlande/experience_canada_experience/index.aspx?view=d

sarahE

Jun 12, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 2010
Doc's Request.
Oct 2010
AOR Received.
1st AOR 21st Oct 2010 2nd AOR June 2011
hi guys,

id recommend looking on the britishexpats.com website...they have an IEC thread which is quite lively and informative :)

im waiting eagerly too! apparently the german program opened today and spanish on wed...lets hope it's our turn next!