+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Identity and Civil Status Documents (IMM 5612) (Req#16)

waseemharoon

Jul 3, 2013
Abu Dhabi, UAE
Category........
Visa Office......
London, United Kingdom
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-08-2013
IELTS Request
L7R6W65S7
Dear Respected Experts and Senior Member.

This seems awkward to ask this question but I am somehow helpless here and forced to ask this question. I hope you guys will understand the situation and will advise/help me in this regards.

While reading the check list IMM 5612, I found a requirement (No.16) to

"provide evidence that you have cohabitated with your partner for a period of at least 12 months. Provide the following documents listing both your names, for example:
- copies of joint bank account statement,
- copies of leases
- utility bills"

Now, the problem is I do not have any of the above thing with me however, I have following options to prove my relationship of 1 year where I need your assistance to guide me.

1. Just after 10 days of our Marriage, we moved and settled in UAE. We are residing in UAE since Feb 2010. Originally, we both are from Pakistan and we did not live there much.
2. I am a father of 2.4 years baby girl and My wife is pregnant since 7 months. I can provide birth certificates of my child and current medical proofs of my wife.
3. In our NICs (Pakistan - National Identity Cards), we both have same residential address But in UAE, all my tenancy contracts are written with my name. I do not have any document provided in UAE which shows our current residential address or any thing which shows both our names in one place except the Birth Certificate of my baby girl which shows both our names and that she was born in UAE.
4. I can show the entry and exit details of me and my wife and the residence permit which is stamped on my and her passport. Firstly it was given for 3 years and then again it got renewed for 3 more years, all together 2 residence permit for each of us. Additionally, a residence permit of my child, stamped once for 3 years and still it is valid for less than a year.
5. I have tenancy contract of one-bedroom+hall (where we stayed few months in Sharjah) and then two-bedroom+hall (where we we stayed for 2 years in Abu Dhabi) and then lastly One-bedroom+Hall (where we are currently staying for last 6 months). All tenancy contracts are on my name. Assuming that CIC should consider that a bachelor would not need a one or two-bedroom+hall.
6. Lastly, I can provide an affidavit on which we both can write and sign that we are living together from the time we got married and we never separated.

I need to know whether above proofs would be fine OR Do you guys have any other idea for UAE residents as we are not provided here with any such documents which proofs this kinda stuff as far as my knowledge is concerned.

Unfortunately, I never opened a joint account in UAE otherwise it would much easier for me to prove. I have one in Pakistan but it is hardly used as we did not lived there much despite that fact that it was opened just few months ago which does not proves 1 year of joint account.

I need your opinion and advises to provide a solid evidence. OR any alternate which can make my life easy.

Waseem

ESZB

Jun 22, 2013
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
June 2013
IELTS Request
Granted (8.0)
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
Yep!
LANDED..........
Dear waseemharoon

This part that you have shown concern about is not applicable to you. It is applicable if a person has a common-law partner, you know..like living together in a conjugal relationship without an official wedlock. In such case since an official marriage document is not applicable so that is why they ask for all that proof.

You are a married person and all you need is your official marriage certificate which is a sufficiently solid proof.

waseemharoon

Jul 3, 2013
Abu Dhabi, UAE
Category........
Visa Office......
London, United Kingdom
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-08-2013
IELTS Request
L7R6W65S7
Ohh... My bad.

Extremely Gentle and Solid Reply, I must say.

Highly Appreciated and Many Thanks again for your guidance.

Waseem