+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ICT work permit filed in India and awaiting final decision

Mrc25

Aug 15, 2017
Hi all

My husband works in a U.S. company that is processing a ICT WP for him in INDIA(since we are INDIAN CITIZENS ). Our application was filed on 07/22/2017 and we awaiting final decision.
I have following questions
  1. The application is filed under some portal that we cannot track. Only the attorney's office can track it and they say it is awaiting final decision. Is this how it works?
  2. How long does the Canadian consulate take to process such WP for an Indian national working in the U.S.
  3. Once we get the WP approved, the attorney's office claim that we can get the passport stamped in the Canadian consulate in NYC within a few days. Is this true?
Thanks in advance to everybody's or taking the time to respond. (We are quite anxious that is has been 3 weeks and no news)

Regards
MRC

srvchetry

Jan 25, 2016
Hi all

My husband works in a U.S. company that is processing a ICT WP for him in INDIA(since we are INDIAN CITIZENS ). Our application was filed on 07/22/2017 and we awaiting final decision.
I have following questions
  1. The application is filed under some portal that we cannot track. Only the attorney's office can track it and they say it is awaiting final decision. Is this how it works?
  2. How long does the Canadian consulate take to process such WP for an Indian national working in the U.S.
  3. Once we get the WP approved, the attorney's office claim that we can get the passport stamped in the Canadian consulate in NYC within a few days. Is this true?
Thanks in advance to everybody's or taking the time to respond. (We are quite anxious that is has been 3 weeks and no news)

Regards
MRC
1. There is only one portal where applications can be submitted. As your case is handled by your attorneys, they will have access to your files. This is normal. Later on if you plan to renew your WP on your own, you can take control of your account.
2. 1- 2 months.
3. Are you coming to US or Canada? When you land in Canada, you get your passports stamped during immigration checks by the officer. Not sure why you mentioned Canadian consulate in NYC.

Mrc25

Aug 15, 2017
Thank you for the response. Should I not get the visa stamped prior to travelling... Can I do it at the airport?

Also we are Indian Nationals working in the US and are moving to Canada on a ICT work permit.

Mrc25

Aug 15, 2017
Not yet.. We are still anxiously waiting...
Has anybody else applied recently and got it approved or waiting?

Mrc25

Aug 15, 2017
Hi all
We got to know that the application has moved from Delhi to the NY consulate.. don't know why.

Now in this wait time can we travel to India and wait for the permit there and once it gets approved can we send passport to a vac in India?

Btw which vac is faster for passport staking in your experience?
Once again thanks for all the responses... with minimal info available this forum is the only support :)

Best!

Mrc25

Aug 15, 2017
Visa approved and request for stamping :)
Also there is a 30 day period by which you have to get your passport stamped. And if you applied online am guessing you can get it stamped in any of the CVAC's... will post more information as we proceed.

Mrc25

Aug 15, 2017
We submitted the passport for stamping on Tuesday(09/05) and are still waiting for updates from the CVAC in NY. They said it officially takes 7-10 days but we should get it in 3-5 days since we are a walk in. Anybody else waiting for stamping?