+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ICAS CANADA - APPLICATION TIMELINES

vedette

Jul 21, 2015
bassem.mf said:
I waited 7 months for ICAS. Then after I got my ICAS report, I waited another 5 months to get the FBI police clearance. I wish I did those two in parallel especially that the FBI PCC will not expire in my case since I am currently residing outside US.

My advice is to start thinking about your Permanent Residence application while waiting for the ICAS report. And if there is something that takes a long processing time, maybe you will want to start it now.

I know that it is not easy to think of your PR application before submitting your Express Entry profile. But this can save you a lot of time.
Yes that's a good advice but WES is doing your assessment in 20 days Max!

vensak

VIP Member
Jul 14, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
At the moment they are evaluating people from January 18 or before.

irfanismail

Jun 16, 2016
Date Event
07/19/2016 Application reviewed for completeness and placed in queue for assessment
07/13/2016 Additional Info / Documents Received
07/01/2016 Application Received

What would be my expected dates can anyone help?

vensak

VIP Member
Jul 14, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
irfanismail said:
Date Event
07/19/2016 Application reviewed for completeness and placed in queue for assessment
07/13/2016 Additional Info / Documents Received
07/01/2016 Application Received

What would be my expected dates can anyone help?
If it is for immigration assessment and if it is more than high school credentials, count with 25 weeks. That means somewhere January - February 2017
In case of High school only count with like 3 months.

DemyHallar

Aug 12, 2016
bassem.mf said:
My advice is to start thinking about your Permanent Residence application while waiting for the ICAS report. And if there is something that takes a long processing time, maybe you will want to start it now.

I know that it is not easy to think of your PR application before submitting your Express Entry profile. But this can save you a lot of time.
Ah, I didn't know ICAS's report will take so long... About permanent residence, if I live outside of Canada and wasn't there yet and is preparing for Express Entry, I can't get the Permanent Residence paper because I wasn't living in Canada for 3 years, am I right?
Also, could you please help me with advice about documents to prepare please? I already passed IELTS, now making ECA, what else I should better do while waiting for ICAS (when I was applying I read somewhere it will take 8 weeks, I was so wrong...)?

TheRRb

Aug 19, 2016
DemyHallar said:
Ah, I didn't know ICAS's report will take so long... About permanent residence, if I live outside of Canada and wasn't there yet and is preparing for Express Entry, I can't get the Permanent Residence paper because I wasn't living in Canada for 3 years, am I right?
Also, could you please help me with advice about documents to prepare please? I already passed IELTS, now making ECA, what else I should better do while waiting for ICAS (when I was applying I read somewhere it will take 8 weeks, I was so wrong...)?
After I have paid for my application, I saw in ICAS website that the processing time is now 25 weeks ! It's more like a joke but I asked if it was really the waiting time and they confirmed :eek:
I'm seriously considering to re-apply with a different body. Other bodies are showing 10 weeks...
It seems like in Canada, every service related to immigration makes you wait endlessly even private bodies :'(

vensak

VIP Member
Jul 14, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nope that waiting time for ICAS is really no joke. Currently they are processing those from around end of February (that means if your documents have all arrived before that)
The fastest from what I have heared is WES.

DemyHallar

Aug 12, 2016
TheRRb said:
After I have paid for my application, I saw in ICAS website that the processing time is now 25 weeks ! It's more like a joke but I asked if it was really the waiting time and they confirmed :eek:
I'm seriously considering to re-apply with a different body. Other bodies are showing 10 weeks...
It seems like in Canada, every service related to immigration makes you wait endlessly even private bodies :'(
Yeah, I was frustrated after such information too. At first I found an info that it will take like 4-8 weeks when WES offers 4 weeks as must. Or something like that. I didn't like the fact that all the posts about WES looked like ads and wasn't much reliable. More than that, I had troubles with making an apostille for my diploma (because I had already translated one, without the apostille, so if I wanted to get the WES application right I needed to travel back to my city, make an apostille and translate the whole diploma again ???). So I decided to avoid all these troubles and send my papers to ICAS, that don't need an apostille and looks like a normal institution, so more official less commercial... And then... 25 bloody weeks. Sorry. I'm just overwhelmed by this.

Bad thoughts aside. I found out that I can start do other time-consuming stuff before my ICAS results. For example, police report will take only 1 month in my country but it still will be pretty smart to start doing it now. Also I can go through medical test in advance too, because they will be usable for 12 months, which is nice. These things look like the next steps to be done and the most possibly-problematical ones, so I'll start with them. Next stage will be money transferring (but once transferred they'll stuck on Canadian bank account, so making this account before the invitation would be too optimistic. Or I'll just assume that in the worst case, will take a tourist trip to Canada to get them back :D).

vensak

VIP Member
Jul 14, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
DemyHallar said:
Yeah, I was frustrated after such information too. At first I found an info that it will take like 4-8 weeks when WES offers 4 weeks as must. Or something like that. I didn't like the fact that all the posts about WES looked like ads and wasn't much reliable. More than that, I had troubles with making an apostille for my diploma (because I had already translated one, without the apostille, so if I wanted to get the WES application right I needed to travel back to my city, make an apostille and translate the whole diploma again ???). So I decided to avoid all these troubles and send my papers to ICAS, that don't need an apostille and looks like a normal institution, so more official less commercial... And then... 25 bloody weeks. Sorry. I'm just overwhelmed by this.

Bad thoughts aside. I found out that I can start do other time-consuming stuff before my ICAS results. For example, police report will take only 1 month in my country but it still will be pretty smart to start doing it now. Also I can go through medical test in advance too, because they will be usable for 12 months, which is nice. These things look like the next steps to be done and the most possibly-problematical ones, so I'll start with them. Next stage will be money transferring (but once transferred they'll stuck on Canadian bank account, so making this account before the invitation would be too optimistic. Or I'll just assume that in the worst case, will take a tourist trip to Canada to get them back :D).
To do medical examination this early. To do police certificate from country where you live as well.
The reason is simple. Current draws on EE are around 490 points. That one is rather unachievable without provincial nomination. Provincial nomination can take 3 to 9 months itself. On the level of provincial nomination neither police certificate nor medical exam are needed.
Police certificate from the country where you reside must be less than 6 months old before sending it to EE package (after getting ITA from there). So that one will be rather futile right now.
Medical examination must be still valid at the moment of landing and they are only 12 months valid.
So both those steps are too early.
What you can do now are the recommendation letters from you employers and also police certificates from other countries where you have lived before but do not live anymore (then they will have unlimited validity).
Canada did not join the apostile system. Apostile should not be required neither by WES nor by other evaluation body. Instead of that they do require direct mail from your school and that will serve them as proof of genuinity. So all you need is just translation by official translator into English or French.

TheRRb

Aug 19, 2016
I think so also !

Regarding Employer letter, do you have a link for more details ? What if for previous employers I only have a certificate shoing the period during which I was employed, the position I had and the reason for leaving, nothing more ? Would it be fine ?

Ridha

DemyHallar

Aug 12, 2016
vensak said:
To do medical examination this early. To do police certificate from country where you live as well.
The reason is simple. Current draws on EE are around 490 points. That one is rather unachievable without provincial nomination. Provincial nomination can take 3 to 9 months itself. On the level of provincial nomination neither police certificate nor medical exam are needed.
Police certificate from the country where you reside must be less than 6 months old before sending it to EE package (after getting ITA from there). So that one will be rather futile right now.
Medical examination must be still valid at the moment of landing and they are only 12 months valid.
So both those steps are too early.
What you can do now are the recommendation letters from you employers and also police certificates from other countries where you have lived before but do not live anymore (then they will have unlimited validity).
Canada did not join the apostile system. Apostile should not be required neither by WES nor by other evaluation body. Instead of that they do require direct mail from your school and that will serve them as proof of genuinity. So all you need is just translation by official translator into English or French.
Oh, thank you for advises.
WES has apostille mentioned all over their instructions and people sending diplomas from my country were making their apostilles too. So I thought it's must-have thing for WES (yes, I know that sounds redicilous).

Oh, 490 that's harsh. I currently have 367 without a nomination and it's sad I need to hope for one. May I ask your opinion, should I rush to search for a cnadian employment (and is there a chance for suitable one) to raise my scores or it's better to not bother anyone with emploee that won't show immediately? I feel really unconconfident with searching job from another country with need for a special LMA thing and that won't be able to come to working place for several months of immigration process.

vensak

VIP Member
Jul 14, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
DemyHallar said:
Oh, thank you for advises.
WES has apostille mentioned all over their instructions and people sending diplomas from my country were making their apostilles too. So I thought it's must-have thing for WES (yes, I know that sounds redicilous).

Oh, 490 that's harsh. I currently have 367 without a nomination and it's sad I need to hope for one. May I ask your opinion, should I rush to search for a cnadian employment (and is there a chance for suitable one) to raise my scores or it's better to not bother anyone with emploee that won't show immediately? I feel really unconconfident with searching job from another country with need for a special LMA thing and that won't be able to come to working place for several months of immigration process.
If WES has it then ok. I am guessing it is maybe because they also serve the US market (maybe they do have it as common condition). However when I have checked Canada itself I did not find it to be a signatary country (I can recheck it, maybe I was not correct).
Current points requirement for ITA leaves practicaly no chance for anybody without Canada connection (provincial nomination, job offer, studies over there or previous work over there).
When it comes to get job offer in advance, that is tricky. From the point of a potential employer I see no point for them to go through the process of prooving that they cannot find anybody suitable, paying money for that and then waiting another like 6 months just to get the required person. They do far more prefer for people to come over before hiring them. Most of those that got their job offer got them after some working experience in Canada already. But then again there is no loose in trying to send out some resumes.

As for the employment proof here is a bit difficult to advice. With what you have on hand you can proove the period of employment. I think somewhere on the forum they posted what that such letter from your emopoyer shall contain. What you still need to have is list of your duties (unless they are already specified in your contract). Pay subs also do help to prove the employment.

HariBS

May 21, 2016
Dear Seniors and Experts in ICAS assessments,

I am resubmitting this below quote in this topic as I haven't got any replies in general post.

I am planning to access my education credentials through ICAS.

Since I am from India, ICAS requires Degree certificate AND Transcripts to be sent directly to them from the Universities in a sealed envelope.

I have completed my graduation and Post graduation in Bharathidasan University and Sikkim Manipal University-DE respectively. My question here is does these universities send BOTH(Degree and Transcripts) documents to ICAS directly? I know these Universities provide transcripts documents in a sealed envelope to the applicant address. But what I am curious to know is whether they would send transcripts and Degree certificates in a sealed envelope to ICAS directly.

Does anybody in the forum have applied to these universities for the same and requested them to send directly to ICAS. If yes please let me know the procedure.

It would be of great help if I get some positive points

vensak

VIP Member
Jul 14, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
HariBS said:
Dear Seniors and Experts in ICAS assessments,

I am resubmitting this below quote in this topic as I haven't got any replies in general post.

I am planning to access my education credentials through ICAS.

Since I am from India, ICAS requires Degree certificate AND Transcripts to be sent directly to them from the Universities in a sealed envelope.

I have completed my graduation and Post graduation in Bharathidasan University and Sikkim Manipal University-DE respectively. My question here is does these universities send BOTH(Degree and Transcripts) documents to ICAS directly? I know these Universities provide transcripts documents in a sealed envelope to the applicant address. But what I am curious to know is whether they would send transcripts and Degree certificates in a sealed envelope to ICAS directly.

Does anybody in the forum have applied to these universities for the same and requested them to send directly to ICAS. If yes please let me know the procedure.

It would be of great help if I get some positive points
Go to the university personaly (or send somebody) to pick up that envelope. The envelope shall contain your diplomas and grades (they do not have to be translated into english). transcriptions and also fillded in application form (the one sent to universities). When it comes to application form you can fill it in and then let it stamp by responsible person in university. Let them seal the envelope and then take it. Make sure there is not your address on the envelope directly. Next put the destination adress for one of ICAS and the leaving adress the one of your university.
Choose suitable delivery service and again make sure that nowhere on any documents is your writing or your signature (that includes when writing address on delivery slip or on the customs declaration). Pay the shipping fees and thats it.
That way you will practicaly do the sending work instead of your university. If ever they will find out any of your handwriting, adress or signature on the envelope or any additional delivery slips, they will not accept it as genuine.

Now take additional set of copies of diplomas and grade transcrptions and let them to be officialy translated into English or French and put it in the envelope with your application form and send it out to ICAS.
After that wait 6+ months to get it done.

vensak

VIP Member
Jul 14, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
They are currently working on applications before 17. March 2016. (that is around 28 weeks assesment time after arrival of all documents).