+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IBD-Medical Inadmissibility Ontario?

me_su_na_mu

May 10, 2017
Hi all!

I am an avid reader of this forum but this is my first post here. I'm in Canada Ontario province for the past 3 years and am planning to apply PR under Canadian experience class. I have good points and will get an invitation immediately if I enter the express entry pool.

But the only problem is that I have been diagnosed with IBD(Inflammatory Bowel Disease) last year and am currently undertaking only 1 medication - Mezavant. I have work insurance and I'm paying for all the medications from my own pocket. I have to undergo colonoscopy every 8 months to 1 year which is covered under OHIP card. Will my medicals get rejected because of this reason? I went through many posts which are all for Quebec region but I wasn't able to find any threads for Ontario region. I don't want to apply and go through all the process of PR only to get rejected in the medicals.

Was just wondering if anyone with a similar problem applied in Ontario and it went through? If yes, is there any specific procedure to be followed? Any help on this front would be greatly appreciated. Kindly reply..... Thanks a ton in advance!!!!!

devman

Sep 13, 2017
Hello me_su_na_mu. I am currently under the exact situation that you are. Did you manage to find any information and resources about your inquiry? I am curious to find out how would the process go for conditions like ours. Looking forward to hearing from you, buddy.

Cheers

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
But the only problem is that I have been diagnosed with IBD(Inflammatory Bowel Disease) last year and am currently undertaking only 1 medication - Mezavant. I have work insurance and I'm paying for all the medications from my own pocket. I have to undergo colonoscopy every 8 months to 1 year which is covered under OHIP card. Will my medicals get rejected because of this reason? I went through many posts which are all for Quebec region but I wasn't able to find any threads for Ontario region. I don't want to apply and go through all the process of PR only to get rejected in the medicals.

Was just wondering if anyone with a similar problem applied in Ontario and it went through? If yes, is there any specific procedure to be followed? Any help on this front would be greatly appreciated. Kindly reply..... Thanks a ton in advance!!!!!
There are 2 grounds for medical inadmissibility: danger to public health (you are not), and excessive demand on health or social services (not likely, but not sure). There is a cost threshold updated annually, right now it is 6,655 per year or 33,725 over 5 years (regardless of Province).
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/medic/admiss/index.asp