+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Iam confused about college....please help me and doubt about PR

avireddy1

May 30, 2012
hi
I am Avi i applied for two colleges i got admit in 2 colleges .........but iam confused to choose.........two colleges courses are Ontario college graduate certificate....

1) Humber college, Toronto ( 1 year course.........fee 12800 $ tution )
2 Fleming college, Peterborough ( 2 year (4 semisters) .... 15250 $ tution....)
...............please help me in choosing better course and college in both courses it is wireless communications........and i heard that 1 yr course will have 1 yr work permit ..........is it will affect PR ????...............

And in my case it was no luck because previously my visa was rejected .......the reason is....

1)You have not satisfied me that you will leave Canada by the end of the period authorized for your stay because:
---> Your propose studies are not reasonable in light of one or more of your qualifications, previous studies, Employment, level of establishment, other educational opportunities available in India or Canada. Language abilities, or your future prospects and plans.

my visa got rejected to Conestoga college for electronics engineering technician .............

ssc 77 % Inter 82% B.tech 59.2 % 14 backlogs IELTS 6.0 (with no band less than 5.5)........

But now i retaken ielts again i got 6.5 with no band less than 6.0...........and taken networking course....had microsoft certification.........

And what are my chances of getting visa........please help me about choosing college for more success about VISA ??????????????????......................................................

dhillon1990

Star Member
Sep 19, 2012
toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
1 nov 2012
IELTS Request
7 bands
VISA ISSUED...
7 nov 2012
I had the same confusion so chose george brown wireless networking n the fees for two yrs at flemin is arnd 30,000 which my parents cant afford n humber college m nt sure about..btw it all depends on u if ur confident of urself u can surely get a job even after one yr n then u can extend ur visa n if ur not u cant in even 5yrs.best of luck ;D

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If you take a 2 yr. course and get a 3 yr. open work permit, you have a better chance of getting PR than if you take a 1 yr. course and get a 1 yr. work permit.

Reason is that 1 yr. to have a work permit is a very short time to find a way to apply for PR. Your open work permit will probably expire before you succeed and you will need the employer to apply for a labour market opinion for you in order to get a regular work permit. Applying for a labour market opinion is a hassle for the employer plus they are not guaranteed to get it unless they can show that no Canadian wants and is qualified for your job.

avireddy1

May 30, 2012
Leon said:
If you take a 2 yr. course and get a 3 yr. open work permit, you have a better chance of getting PR than if you take a 1 yr. course and get a 1 yr. work permit.

Reason is that 1 yr. to have a work permit is a very short time to find a way to apply for PR. Your open work permit will probably expire before you succeed and you will need the employer to apply for a labour market opinion for you in order to get a regular work permit. Applying for a labour market opinion is a hassle for the employer plus they are not guaranteed to get it unless they can show that no Canadian wants and is qualified for your job.
thank u very much is 2 year course is safe for good visa chances....because i already have one rejection...........after i improved my ielts is it will helpful ????

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
avireddy1 said:
thank u very much is 2 year course is safe for good visa chances....because i already have one rejection...........after i improved my ielts is it will helpful ????
To fight rejection, the improved IELTS will help but most important is to show that you will not overstay after your studies but will return to your home country. Try to show things like good job opportunities in your home country after you complete the course and strong family ties.