+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

i wrongly answered some questions.........HELP!

char_bonel

Aug 18, 2009
Philippines
Category........
Visa Office......
Philippines
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
5-08-09
Doc's Request.
7-10-09
AOR Received.
28-1-2010
File Transfer...
15-1-2010
Med's Request
3-2-2010
Med's Done....
3-26-2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
02-06-2010
VISA ISSUED...
30-06-2010
LANDED..........
21-07-2010
any answer will be much appreciated...

i submitted initial forms to CIO NS last aug 2009 under FSW...

i applied under FSW.me, my husband and my three kids are all included in the application.i marked my kids as non accompanying. i thought i am supposed to provide $13,486 cad as proof of fund for me and my husband but some seniors indicated that even if my kids are non accompanying, still need to show fund for the 5 of us which is $22,831 cad.
*form IMM 008- schedule 3 economic classes question #10 FUNDS.i indicated $13,486 cad instead of the supposed $22,831.
1. will i it have an effect on my initial application to CIO?
2. will i be having a chance to correct it?

*i forgot one of the past job i had with my present employer before i got pomoted to my present position.i was working as nurse researcher first (NOC 3152) before i got promoted to Nurse educator (NOC 3152).i only indicated nurse educator, but forgot to indicate nurse researcher.

thanks in advance...

Ra00

May 29, 2009
Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I think if you are not accompanying your family with you then you have to show 13486 CAD...Because you are going to stay alone for first three months then it doenst make sense to include rest of family member expenses. Only medical is must for all family member so that at later stages if you add them then they should be medically clear
Also you can add job and even funds while submitting full application....

canadalover

Jun 2, 2009
ra00, You are wrong. Yes it seems to be a nonsense but even if you leave your homecountry for a new life you still have to support your family ( husband, wife, children). i think CIC does not want people to take all the family ressources and leave children hungry without shelter(because house has been sold) for immigration purpose. If they ask proof of fund for the whole family wether they are accompanying or not, it's to make sure you have enough money to support yourself and your family left at home.
Char bonel: I don't know what to suggest: try to save enough money so when they ask for bank certificate you'll have enough? write a letter explaining that you wrongly answered some questions? I can't tell you whas the best. The only advice I really can tell you is to rely only on official information, try to do your own search on CIC official web site and publications like the one Leon gave to you

Ra00

May 29, 2009
Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
yeah i am sorry...
For 5 people, you would need $22,831
But you can make these type of changings after you get initial approval from NS.(by attaching a explanation letter )

BobbyB

Champion Member
Feb 10, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
char_bonel said:
any answer will be much appreciated...

i submitted initial forms to CIO NS last aug 2009 under FSW...

i applied under FSW.me, my husband and my three kids are all included in the application.i marked my kids as non accompanying. i thought i am supposed to provide $13,486 cad as proof of fund for me and my husband but some seniors indicated that even if my kids are non accompanying, still need to show fund for the 5 of us which is $22,831 cad.
*form IMM 008- schedule 3 economic classes question #10 FUNDS.i indicated $13,486 cad instead of the supposed $22,831.

*i forgot one of the past job i had with my present employer before i got pomoted to my present position.i was working as nurse researcher first (NOC 3152) before i got promoted to Nurse educator (NOC 3152).i only indicated nurse educator, but forgot to indicate nurse researcher.

thanks in advance...
Settlement funds

Pursuant to R76(1)(b), the officer will determine if the applicant has sufficient funds available for
settlement in Canada.

The amount of funds are assessed according to the applicant’s family size using 50% of Statistics
Canada’s most current Low Income Cut-off (LICO) for urban areas with populations of 500,000 or
more.

Note: In terms of funds required, the number of the applicant’s family members includes both
accompanying and non-accompanying dependants.

Although the amount may change yearly, at time of publication the required funds are equal to or
greater than the amount listed below for each family size:

Number of Funds Exception
family required
members

1 $10,601 If the applicant has arranged employment as defined in R82,
they do not have to meet these financial requirements

2 $13,198

3 $16,225

4 $19,700

5 $22,343

6 $25,199

7 or more $28,055

The funds must be:

• available and transferable;

• unencumbered by debts or other obligations.

shareit

Star Member
Aug 10, 2009
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
May 2013
non-accompanying dependants.
For proof of funds, who all are included as non-accompanying dependents? In other words, are parents/siblings dependents?

Me, my wife and my son are included in the application as accompanying family members. In the form "Additional Family Information", I have mentioned the names of my parents and my sister. Does it mean that I have to show proof of funds assuming SIX family members? Or just THREE?

Albularyo

Star Member
Sep 17, 2009
Manila
Hello

shareit said:
non-accompanying dependants.
For proof of funds, who all are included as non-accompanying dependents? In other words, are parents/siblings dependents?

Me, my wife and my son are included in the application as accompanying family members. In the form "Additional Family Information", I have mentioned the names of my parents and my sister. Does it mean that I have to show proof of funds assuming SIX family members? Or just THREE?
Only Spouse/CLP and children are considered dependents.

hth