Visa Office......
Manila,Philippines
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 13, 2014
Med's Done....
March 13, 2014
I sent my application last week and I cant help but to worry that i sent less proof of our relationship..

We were childhood classmates back then,then School reunion happened on 2011 and then we liked each other after 1year of boyfriend girlfriend relationship we found out I was pregnant and after almost one year we got married and we have 1 year old baby.

Is that so fast? will they think its fake?or something..thanks for taking the time to read.

chakrab

Champion Member
Mar 8, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
i hardly think so, after a proper wedding and baby. as long as you have provided supporting documents for all that, you should be good. don't worry :)

Yani26

Star Member
Mar 15, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila,Philippines
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 13, 2014
Med's Done....
March 13, 2014
chakrab said:
i hardly think so, after a proper wedding and baby. as long as you have provided supporting documents for all that, you should be good. don't worry :)
we only had a civil wedding my parents werent there cause my mom lives in Canada and they are separated,wedding happened in the Philippines with his parents and some of my relatives..

i only sent photos,tons of photos since the start of our relationship to our wedding..and letter from some people about our relationship..

we dont have tickets or anything cause we really didnt plan about this petition:(

M

mikeymyke

Your relatoinship genuineness seems fine because you had a child together, and have lots of communication proofs, just one red flag with the parents not attending wedding. 1 year wait before marriage is a good sign. I'm more concerned about what you said about, "I didn't include my boyfriend as common-law because it would've affected my PR status". Were you guys common law before you landed as a dependent? Because your husband could be refused if that's true.

Alurra71

VIP Member
Oct 5, 2012
Ontario
Visa Office......
Vegreville
App. Filed.......
07-12-2012
AOR Received.
21-01-2013
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
28-11-2013
LANDED..........
19-12-2013
mikeymyke said:
I'm more concerned about what you said about, "I didn't include my boyfriend as common-law because it would've affected my PR status". Were you guys common law before you landed as a dependent? Because your husband could be refused if that's true.
Wrong thread Mikey? LOL

rhcohen2014

VIP Member
Apr 6, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 17, 2014
Doc's Request.
April 11, 2014
AOR Received.
May 8, 2014
File Transfer...
May 9, 2014
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
Nov 15, 2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
July 15, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
July 25, 2014/ received August 1, 2014
LANDED..........
August 29, 2014
Alurra71 said:
Wrong thread Mikey? LOL
yeah i was wondering too... or is this about a previous post by the OP?

M

mikeymyke

haha no Alurra, right thread! Sorry I edited the post above to be clear.

I was trying to say that her relationship genuiness isn't a big red flag, but the fact that if she had a common law b/f that she didn't declare before landing, that would be even more serious than anything, because the entire application would be refused if that's true, whether the relationship is genuine or not.

Sorry, the part where she said she didnt declare her b/f, that was in one of her older posts.

Yani26

Star Member
Mar 15, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila,Philippines
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 13, 2014
Med's Done....
March 13, 2014
mikeymyke said:
haha no Alurra, right thread! Sorry I edited the post above to be clear.

I was trying to say that her relationship genuiness isn't a big red flag, but the fact that if she had a common law b/f that she didn't declare before landing, that would be even more serious than anything, because the entire application would be refused if that's true, whether the relationship is genuine or not.

Sorry, the part where she said she didnt declare her b/f, that was in one of her older posts.
no we never live as a common law before..and wow you know me? ;D
also is it really a bad thing?i got a marriage consent before getting married from my mom since im only 22.

M

mikeymyke

Yani26 said:
also is it really a bad thing?i got a marriage consent before getting married from my mom since im only 22.
Well that's a good sign you weren't common law or married before you landed.

I don't see why the marriage consent thing is a big deal, unless it's something unusual in Filipino culture. I thought consent was only if you were under 16 or something?

Alurra71

VIP Member
Oct 5, 2012
Ontario
Visa Office......
Vegreville
App. Filed.......
07-12-2012
AOR Received.
21-01-2013
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
28-11-2013
LANDED..........
19-12-2013
Yani26 said:
He read previous links, which I didn't do and just went back and did.

So, your previous relationship with your husband was not in a 'live together' situation back in the Philippines then when you became pregnant? Did you reside with your parents and he with his parents? If you were strictly just in a 'dating' type situation and not sharing the same home then you were not and could not be considered common law so you should be OK on that front. I think, based on reading your previous posts and threads (minus those in Tag a log), that your timeline will be fine since you've known your husband since you two were in school together. If they want more proof or don't quite understand what is going on they will ask for more before they do anything else, so you should be fine. Don't start stressing this early into the process.

Be sure that you are living in Canada now because you can not sponsor your husband living in the Philippines with him.

Good luck.

Yani26

Star Member
Mar 15, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila,Philippines
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 13, 2014
Med's Done....
March 13, 2014
mikeymyke said:
Well that's a good sign you weren't common law or married before you landed.

I don't see why the marriage consent thing is a big deal, unless it's something unusual in Filipino culture. I thought consent was only if you were under 16 or something?
What i meant for that is basically my mom knows about everything..and i even sent a letter from my mom informing them that she will support me and my husband financially