+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

I was asked to Re-Do the Medical Exam and Resubmit Proof of Funds

jpancholi0109

Jan 4, 2020
Hey CanadaVisa Community,

I was selected in the Express Entry Draw for FSW on January 16, 2020, and I have AOR of March 08, 2020, after I submitted all the documents asked by IRCC including the Proof of Funds. I also did my medical on February 28, 2020, and I got an email from the Panel Physician on March 03, 2020, that my Medical Report has been submitted to IRCC. After that, it was showing on my Portal that Medical has been passed and no other documents are required while the application is in process.

Fast Forward 22 months, and on January 18, 2022, I received a message on my portal with the subject "Medical Report - Section A Client Identification and Summary (IMM 1017E)" where they have requested me to redo the medical exam. I was under impression that because of the Pandemic, the medicals were gonna be extended? Along with this, in a separate message, IRCC has also asked to resubmit proof of funds. Has anyone else been requested any of these or both, if any of you or the experts can tell? What other steps would you recommend to take on this along with submitting the things which they have asked for? It's a good sign that the application is moving after 2 long years, but also is it something to worry about, or is it normal?

Also, when they request these things, does this mean that application processing will be started from scratch or is in the final stages?

Appreciate your help in advance! :)

Regards!