+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

I seem to have skipped IP1...

Option Paralysis

Star Member
Apr 3, 2016
I need help. Am I at IP1 or IP2? I looked around here and some people are saying the wording below is for IP2, but I don't know how that's possible because as far as I recall, the background check status changed from "not applicable" to what it says below at the same time I passed the medical, and it hasn't changed since. That would mean I went straight from meds passed to IP2, which I don't think is possible. If it helps, I just got one e-mail the day after my meds passed. Nothing had changed on my app, so it was either a ghost update, or just an update about the meds passing that got to me a day late. Can anyone shed some light on the issue?

Review of eligibility: We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
Review of medical results: You passed the medical exam.
Review of additional documents: We do not need additional documents.
Interview: You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
Biometrics: We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes.
Background check: We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.
Final decision: Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

joe141985

Nov 5, 2016
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
09-04-2018
Doc's Request.
RCMP
AOR Received.
11-04-2018
Med's Done....
02-05-2018
Passport Req..
23-07-2019
I need help. Am I at IP1 or IP2? I looked around here and some people are saying the wording below is for IP2, but I don't know how that's possible because as far as I recall, the background check status changed from "not applicable" to what it says below at the same time I passed the medical, and it hasn't changed since. That would mean I went straight from meds passed to IP2, which I don't think is possible. If it helps, I just got one e-mail the day after my meds passed. Nothing had changed on my app, so it was either a ghost update, or just an update about the meds passing that got to me a day late. Can anyone shed some light on the issue?

Review of eligibility: We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
Interview: You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
Biometrics: We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes.
Background check: We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.
Final decision: Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.
Yup...Same here...went to IP2 as per wordings right along with Medicals Passed. Whats you AOR? Mine is Apr 11th

Reactions: Option Paralysis

joe141985

Nov 5, 2016
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
09-04-2018
Doc's Request.
RCMP
AOR Received.
11-04-2018
Med's Done....
02-05-2018
Passport Req..
23-07-2019

joe141985

Nov 5, 2016
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
09-04-2018
Doc's Request.
RCMP
AOR Received.
11-04-2018
Med's Done....
02-05-2018
Passport Req..
23-07-2019
That sucks... If it's been that long, then it seems we're in a sort of pseudo-IP2.
Yup! It seems the wording do not seem to co relate with the actual process. However this seems to be a similar trend for quiet a few CEC inland applicants!

Option Paralysis

Star Member
Apr 3, 2016
Yup! It seems the wording do not seem to co relate with the actual process. However this seems to be a similar trend for quiet a few CEC inland applicants!
Strange... I'm actually an FSW outlander, so I wonder what that means for me. Anyway, godspeed to you. Hopefully we'll both make it.

Reactions: joe141985

PREEMA3107

Star Member
Mar 13, 2019

When did you get your ppr?