+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

I see that the visa extension processing time has been updated.

ColorMePanda

Sep 12, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Oh and I am nervous about mine, I should hearing from mine in about a week or two. :( Pray for me and my bf that it is good news.

C

Carol m

We got our visa extesion back after 36 days!
I hope you guys get yours, just think positive;-)

Baloo

VIP Member
Nov 30, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ColorMePanda said:
Oh and I am nervous about mine, I should hearing from mine in about a week or two. :( Pray for me and my bf that it is good news.
Fingers crossed for both of you.

ColorMePanda

Sep 12, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thank you Baloo. :)
I will keep my fingers crossed for you as well. Seems like a lot of extensions are getting approved lately so lets hope that is good news for us. Either way if I have to go home, my bf and I have decided that we will go back to my home together and take a much needed vacation from this for a good 5-6 months. Either way is a win/win situation in my opinion.

Only thing I think that puts mine at more risk of being denied is because this is my second extension but my 1st extension request I didn't ask for long enough and only got roughly 2 1/2 to 3 months.

Either way so glad to hear everyone getting the good news they deserve and I hope for more to come for everyone too. Best of luck to everyone.

Baloo

VIP Member
Nov 30, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Visa extension processing times are currently at 60 days. Certainly seems like they are working hard on the backlog.

Baloo

VIP Member
Nov 30, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Wow, they are now processing 2010 extension applications - 55 days :)

Baloo

VIP Member
Nov 30, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
My extension application was at Vegreville at the start of Feb 2010.

The primary reason for the extension request was to have enough time to get married and visit new family members.
As processing is taking a while, I am highly likely to be married, finished visiting and then travelling back to the UK before a decision is made.

I've not even got to implied status yet :)
This is the one time I have no problem waiting for immigration :D

Baloo

VIP Member
Nov 30, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Baloo said:
I noticed that the time has been dropping.

Would anyone like to make a guess what the number of days will be on 31st March 2010 ?

My guess is 52 days....
I was wrong, it is currently 55 days......

Dec 11, 2009
Baloo said:
My extension application was at Vegreville at the start of Feb 2010.

The primary reason for the extension request was to have enough time to get married and visit new family members.
As processing is taking a while, I am highly likely to be married, finished visiting and then travelling back to the UK before a decision is made.

I've not even got to implied status yet :)
This is the one time I have no problem waiting for immigration :D
I will be extending for the same reasons but I still have 5 months. When is the earliest to apply for extension?

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
italo-argentina said:
I will be extending for the same reasons but I still have 5 months. When is the earliest to apply for extension?
Apply before the expiration of your current allowed visit (30 days is what is advised by CIC.gc.ca), or closer to the expiration date but make sure the application with the required documents and fee gets to CPC-V before the actual expiration date.

Baloo

VIP Member
Nov 30, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Well the date and time is now February 5, 2010 and 55 days.

So I guess they have just opened my application !!

The good news is we were married a few weeks ago, so I have been here long enough to do what we wanted :)

Does anyone know what the procedure is if they approve the extension? Do I receive a new VR via Canada Post, or is it harder than that?
And if denied, how long would I get to leave?

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
Baloo said:
Well the date and time is now February 5, 2010 and 55 days.

So I guess they have just opened my application !!

The good news is we were married a few weeks ago, so I have been here long enough to do what we wanted :)

Does anyone know what the procedure is if they approve the extension? Do I receive a new VR via Canada Post, or is it harder than that?
And if denied, how long would I get to leave?
GREAT news!!!!! Congratulations!!! They send you a form letter (if refused), but a VR with a leave by date if approved. I have read that their "leave immediately" is 30 days, if refused. And they send by snail mail :(

Baloo

VIP Member
Nov 30, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
My extension request was to allow us time to get married and visit my new extended Canadian family - DONE :)

I would be quite shocked if I got rejected, offered loads of evidence that I would leave and I only asked for an extra three months.

If rejected - 30 days to leave - I have no worries then, I am returning to the UK at the end of the month anyway.

I am off to start a new thread about getting back into Canada while married and applying for PR.

ColorMePanda

Sep 12, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Actually Baloo the day that I figured they were processing mine, I called and used the automated service to check and they had apparently already completed mine a week before. The processing time actually includes a 10 day mailing period so you probably think right now that it is just being opened when actually I bet you can go to the mail on Monday and your answer will be in there.

When I estimated they would just be opening it up, that is when I called and found out they approved and it was on its way. That very day I went to the mail and it was in there. My brand new shiny visitor record. :) I am sure yours will be too.