+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

I received my AIP today. But I have some questions about it.

jordana

May 1, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi dear forum members!

Today I received in my mailbox my AIP! I'm so happy about it!

But I have some questions about it that I hope someone would be able to answer:

I know that I can apply now for a OWP, but I would like to know if I have to keep renewing my status as visitor until I get the DM.

One week ago I had this big problem with the call center and they informed me that my visitor status expired on May 20th, so I applied for a renewal the very day I was warned about this.

With the AIP, do I still have to apply for extensions renewals?

If I ask for an OWP, how long would it take? would it be better to wait until DM in order to start working?

THank you very much

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

jordana said:
Hi dear forum members!

Today I received in my mailbox my AIP! I'm so happy about it!

But I have some questions about it that I hope someone would be able to answer:

I know that I can apply now for a OWP, but I would like to know if I have to keep renewing my status as visitor until I get the DM.

One week ago I had this big problem with the call center and they informed me that my visitor status expired on May 20th, so I applied for a renewal the very day I was warned about this.

With the AIP, do I still have to apply for extensions renewals?

If I ask for an OWP, how long would it take? would it be better to wait until DM in order to start working?

THank you very much
Yes, you have to keep your status valid. To work you have to apply to Vegreville, you should have included the OWP application with your application. For a new work permit 20 days. Note, there is no DM, your AIP was first level approval.

jordana

May 1, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Oops! last minute information:

I have checked my ECAS and says DM!!!!!

if it's approved do I still have to keep my visitor status renewed?

I

iarblue

Yes cause first stage has nothing to do with the sponsored just the sponsor,your suppose to keep your status the whole process.