+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

I Received a Passport Submission Request, but my Visa was cancelled!

sarahsos

Jun 29, 2016
I feel so depressed right now.

I received a passport submission request today on the 22nd of December 2016, which was really unexpectedly quick as I submitted my full application online only last month. Anyway, I live in the UAE and I am under the sponsorship of my father. My father was thinking about changing jobs and to do that he would have to cancel his visa under his current company and then get a new visa under the new company. So my visa would have to be cancelled too and then I would get a new visa when my father did. He wasn't 100% sure of what he wanted to do and asked to keep my passport (and that of my siblings) just in case. I agreed but told him to let me know what his decision is and to let me know before he cancels my visa. He didn't. So I just discover today that on the 13th of December 2016 my visa was cancelled. Great. So for 9 or 10 days while my application was in the last stages of being approved there were changes in my passport and I didn't inform Canadian Immigration of. To top it all, my visa is now cancelled and I need to wait for two to three weeks for a new visa under my father's sponsorship. I could scream right now.

So my two questions:
1. Will this be considered a case of misrepresentation?
2. If somehow this wouldn't be considered a misrepresentation (I hope to God), how long do I have from the time of receiving the passport request to send my passport?

Damn, I should've been celebrating today. Instead I am all stressed out. I'm so angry at myself for trusting my father right now.

sarahsos

Jun 29, 2016
dan_and said:
Not sure what the problem is - why would CIC care about your visa issues in UAE?
Ummm. So it doesn't matter what my visa status is right now? Because when I submitted my scanned passport copy in my application my status was that I had a residence visa under my father's sponsorship. They don't care about that? If so, how long am I allowed to wait before submitting my passport to them?

sarahsos

Jun 29, 2016
dan_and said:
They want your passport so they can affix the PR visa to your passport. This change in circumstance is irrelevant to that process.

Your PPR email would state how long you have to submit the passport. From memory, it is typically 30 days.
I feel so embarrassed right now :-[

Thank you, I was getting all worked up for nothing, haha!

kryt0n

VIP Member
Sep 30, 2014
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-03-2017
Passport Req..
11-07-2017
sarahsos said:
Ummm. So it doesn't matter what my visa status is right now? Because when I submitted my scanned passport copy in my application my status was that I had a residence visa under my father's sponsorship. They don't care about that? If so, how long am I allowed to wait before submitting my passport to them?
Yea... no need to tell them anything unless you don't have a status in Canada. You just won't have a passport for a while while CIC stick your PR details in it.

sarahsos

Jun 29, 2016
kryt0n said:
Yea... no need to tell them anything unless you don't have a status in Canada. You just won't have a passport for a while while CIC stick your PR details in it.
What do you mean by having a status in Canada?

kryt0n

VIP Member
Sep 30, 2014
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-03-2017
Passport Req..
11-07-2017
sarahsos said:
What do you mean by having a status in Canada?
I mean if your visa or status in Canada changed, then they might need to know. However right now you're fine!

sarahsos

Jun 29, 2016
kryt0n said:
I mean if your visa or status in Canada changed, then they might need to know. However right now you're fine!
Thank you and thank you again dan_and! I'm glad I came on here, I was going to ruin my weekend due to my ignorance haha!

Que Em

Apr 14, 2016
LANDED..........
2017-07-17
Hi sarahsos,

Many congratulations on getting your PPR. As others have mentioned, there's no need to worry about your UAE visa issue.
If IRCC notices the cancellation, you can explain your reasons and in the worst case scenario, if you're asked for a valid residence permit (for UAE), you can get that and it would only result in a little delay, if anything.

As long as a person is not residing in a country illegally where they are applying from, there's no problem. And that clearly is not the case in your situation. So, go and celebrate happily!

Such a pleasant surprise to see someone from this region getting their file approved so fast. Abu Dhabi visa office has been quite slow and depressing, for most of us... or maybe, it's just me hehe.

Would really like to know about your full timeline and/or further application details.

Congratulations and good luck for your settlement! : )

rainbow00

Nov 2, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sarahsos said:
I feel so depressed right now.

I received a passport submission request today on the 22nd of December 2016, which was really unexpectedly quick as I submitted my full application online only last month. Anyway, I live in the UAE and I am under the sponsorship of my father. My father was thinking about changing jobs and to do that he would have to cancel his visa under his current company and then get a new visa under the new company. So my visa would have to be cancelled too and then I would get a new visa when my father did. He wasn't 100% sure of what he wanted to do and asked to keep my passport (and that of my siblings) just in case. I agreed but told him to let me know what his decision is and to let me know before he cancels my visa. He didn't. So I just discover today that on the 13th of December 2016 my visa was cancelled. Great. So for 9 or 10 days while my application was in the last stages of being approved there were changes in my passport and I didn't inform Canadian Immigration of. To top it all, my visa is now cancelled and I need to wait for two to three weeks for a new visa under my father's sponsorship. I could scream right now.

So my two questions:
1. Will this be considered a case of misrepresentation?
2. If somehow this wouldn't be considered a misrepresentation (I hope to God), how long do I have from the time of receiving the passport request to send my passport?

Damn, I should've been celebrating today. Instead I am all stressed out. I'm so angry at myself for trusting my father right now.
Congratulations on getting your PPR. When did you submit your application?

sarahsos

Jun 29, 2016
Que Em said:
Hi sarahsos,

Many congratulations on getting your PPR. As others have mentioned, there's no need to worry about your UAE visa issue.
If IRCC notices the cancellation, you can explain your reasons and in the worst case scenario, if you're asked for a valid residence permit (for UAE), you can get that and it would only result in a little delay, if anything.

As long as a person is not residing in a country illegally where they are applying from, there's no problem. And that clearly is not the case in your situation. So, go and celebrate happily!

Such a pleasant surprise to see someone from this region getting their file approved so fast. Abu Dhabi visa office has been quite slow and depressing, for most of us... or maybe, it's just me hehe.

Would really like to know about your full timeline and/or further application details.

Congratulations and good luck for your settlement! : )
Hi, thanks for the further reassurance!

I was really surprised as well. Please note though that I'm actually working through an immigration consultancy agency, so I didn't have to do most of the heavy lifting in terms of filling in forms. Nonetheless, I'm surprised myself by how quick it all happened. As for some details, I'm a single woman, no kids, my profile score was 481.

I decided to apply for the express entry program in April, my profile was created on 30th of June, I was given an invitation to apply in October (I think the third week of October, I can't remember the exact date right now, sorry), my full application was sent on 3rd of November, then I got the Passport Submission Request on the 22nd of December.

Everything has happened really quickly, so I'm grateful for that, and I hope nothing ruins it for me at the last minute, so fingers crossed!

mustafa142

Nov 25, 2016
Hi Friends, I am also from UAE, i got Passport submission request..thank God, my AOR date is 7th October 2016. wish you all the best who are waiting and hoping. Regards,

Que Em

Apr 14, 2016
LANDED..........
2017-07-17
sarahsos said:
Hi, thanks for the further reassurance!

I was really surprised as well. Please note though that I'm actually working through an immigration consultancy agency, so I didn't have to do most of the heavy lifting in terms of filling in forms. Nonetheless, I'm surprised myself by how quick it all happened. As for some details, I'm a single woman, no kids, my profile score was 481.

I decided to apply for the express entry program in April, my profile was created on 30th of June, I was given an invitation to apply in October (I think the third week of October, I can't remember the exact date right now, sorry), my full application was sent on 3rd of November, then I got the Passport Submission Request on the 22nd of December.

Everything has happened really quickly, so I'm grateful for that, and I hope nothing ruins it for me at the last minute, so fingers crossed!
Thank you, for the detailed reply. Your file was processed pretty fast which is a really good thing to know.

Wish you all the best for the rest of your settlement. :)

Que Em

Apr 14, 2016
LANDED..........
2017-07-17
mustafa142 said:
Hi Friends, I am also from UAE, i got Passport submission request..thank God, my AOR date is 7th October 2016. wish you all the best who are waiting and hoping. Regards,
Great, Congratulations!

I'm also from October [October 11] but 2015, not 2016. : P hehe

You guys are really lucky. It's good to know applicants from this region are also getting their files processed fast now.

Just curious, did you also apply through a consultant?

Good luck for your relocation to Canada! : )

mustafa142

Nov 25, 2016
Dear friend, yes it was through a consultant, don't worry inshaAllah you will also get PPR soon, good luck u can WhatsApp me on +971507059839