+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

I really need help on this from anyone who can.

Jean

May 4, 2007
Hello
I'm Jean and I've never been on a forum before but I thought it would be a good place to get lots of information.
I have a fiance that lives in England. I'm from Canada and we've done the back and forth thing and now we really want to try to settle down in Canada but we really need help to figure out how to do it.
If anyone has ANY information on British Citizens moving to Canada PLEASE just put in your 2 cents. It would really help us a lot. We've been together for a year and a bit and we just really want to be together forever. Any information whether it be permanent work visa's or non permanent work visa's...just anything. I would be so greatfull because we really need all the help we can get.
Thank you

Jean

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
HI

Jean said:
Hello
I'm Jean and I've never been on a forum before but I thought it would be a good place to get lots of information.
I have a fiance that lives in England. I'm from Canada and we've done the back and forth thing and now we really want to try to settle down in Canada but we really need help to figure out how to do it.
If anyone has ANY information on British Citizens moving to Canada PLEASE just put in your 2 cents. It would really help us a lot. We've been together for a year and a bit and we just really want to be together forever. Any information whether it be permanent work visa's or non permanent work visa's...just anything. I would be so greatfull because we really need all the help we can get.
Thank you

Jean
1. To meet the common/law definition you have to have lived together in a "marriage like relationship" for 1 year for you to sponsor.
2. If not, then if you marry then you can sponsor.
3. If s/he is under 35 could apply for a BUNAC non student work permit, which allows for 1 year of working in Canada, but it is not extendable. The quota for 2007 is gone, s/he would have to apply in December for 2008, student ones are available.
4. If S/he has specific skills, find an employer who is will to apply for an Labour Market Opinion from HRSDC that there are no Canadians or PR available for the work and the employer has advertised extensively (has to be proven) Then S/he could obtain a work permit from London.
5. Do some reading at www.cic.gc.ca

PMM

thaiguy

Champion Member
Apr 7, 2007
Vancouver
If you're not able (or unwilling) to get married, you need to meet the requirements for a common law relationship.

By definition, it says you have to live together continuously for 12 months in a conjugal relationship. You'd also need to prove your ties (joint bank accounts, insurance beneficiary, joint rent agreements, joint ownership of assets, joint responsibility for utility payments, etc.).

Marriage is easier to prove. But if you get married and aren't living together, they may want to know why.

teresa

Mar 23, 2007
hi jean, this is teresa , from the philippines as ive experienced, you can sponsor him under the family class category sponsorship and he can be able to have a dual citizenship.the processing will it take 6 to 9 months. i hope this will help bye!!!!